1969 Dart Swinger 340 4 speed....help

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
yea its the bike shop guys car. i saw pics of the build and etc.. i think he sold the car for more than 10. pretty sure it was in the high teens.. still a nice car.. as i see it...

I owned this car! You guys are missing out on a great automobile! Pictures don't do it justice! Please don't judge so harshly something you know little about. Nit-pick about the smallest things! That's why I will never advertise a car on this site. Goodbye :salut:

Thought that was your old Dart Curt. I 2nd your comments.

The pictures don't lie . I only pointed out the obvious. I never thought that car had a front clip installed but by the looks of the pictures it did by the time they were taken. And the front frame to rocker braces gone are what would scare me.

I looked this car over on e bay, and i wish there was more pics under this car , because it looks soft to me , meaning front frame rails, and floor area.But does look good at a distance. i would ask for more pics under the car.

Curt its Steve from danielsville. I did not know this was yours at one time. Was it wrecked after you sold it. It definately has a wrong front clip and all the signs of it being replace by someone who should have reattached the rockers to the frame. The rest of the car is an easy fix but the clip has to be done over. I would sell it too.

hello i'm a newbe

i owned this car at one time. from 1997-2007. i sold this car to curt.

the car is not no matching but does have a 1969 engine in it (date on block 6-17-69)i had portage performance rebuild the engine .030 over, deck the block, line borepocket port the heads, ss valves, titanium retainers, smith brother pushrods, kb 10 to1 pistons, low tension oil rings, and alot more.

i built most of this car except paint. i drove it everywhere. the dart had 4.88 gears with 28" tall tires and posted a best time 12.48 @110mph at norwalk.

i'm sorry i did not put the dart together correctly. i was only 24 yrs old when i built her and did not have the guidance from any mopar people. i was alone in a sea of chevy guys (i converted and am now hooked).

yes it is true the dart is not a real 4spd car. i had disclosed everything about the dart to curt when he bought it. it had fenderwell headers and frame connecters on it before i owned it. it was an ohio car till 2007 and sat for over 20 year because of a blown engine (that was missing when i got it).
it was a race car till i bought it in 1997.

IF I HAD THE MONEY TO BUY IT BACK I WOULD PAY THE $17000.
my wife and i would love to have it back, she cried when curt towed it away.

Man, you guys are brutal. Missing dress up on the brake and clutch pedal? Suprised you guys didn't mention the missing body plug on the lower passenger side door.

This was mentioned because it is a sign that the pedals may have been changed. Example: Auto car to 4 Speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back