1969 dart swinger 340 rolling chasis value

-

Toolman

Reaction score
Hi...I'm new to this forum and looking at a 1969 dart swinger 340 4-speed rolling chasis
The asking price is $7000. The vin checks out...its a real 340 4-speed car. The body is soild with a little rust on the very bottom of the two quarters. It was originally raced and has the inner fenders cut for headers. The inner fenders are solid otherwise so they can be patched. The frame rails and torsion supports are all solid.
Here's the fender tag;

J25 R11 V8X END
V2 V2 D2X X9 513 235589
E55 D21 LM23 P9B 377066

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

?rolling chassis? if that thing had an engine / trans in it would not be worth that money

Why about the fender tag, It's a real 340 4-speed car?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 234
I have seen restored 68-69 340 Darts sell for the 20k range numbers matching. It would cost a great deal to bring that car up, and it still wouldn't be matching numbers value. I just sold a 70' 340 duster four speed car, rolling body in better shape for $3,000.00. $7000 is way out of reality.

Just looking for a real value to decide if I want to bother driving 1 1/2 hours to see it.
Not sure what something like this is going for today. Thanks for any help.

If it was a GTS then maybe just a swinger 340 be patient you don't want to spend a ton of money and not have the original drivetrain. He will come down or a deal will pop up.

I have a 1970 340 and 833 4-speed to drop in it. I am able to do 90% of the work myself.

I saw that car on Craigslist. It looks real solid in the photos.
If you already have a drive train and can do body work then
$5500. - $6000. might not be too much of you really like it.

Your almost in my backyard Carman... I'm around wash.pa. I think I might at least take a look in person. I have a 1970 dart swinger 340 4-speed # matching but it's in bad shape. I haven't been actively searching but just stumbled on their on Craig's list while looking at a jeep for a friend. Thanks.

Washington, PA, I used to drive there every day for work.
That Swinger will still need many parts. Body work and paint, too.
It would be nice when done, though.

The above posting is a screaming deal, I wouldn't hesitate with that one. Having that drivetrain is everything you could ask for.

I would say it is worth $ 5 -$6 K if all the parts are there and you have a drivetrain, Would you rather save and restore a real H-Code car or clone a slant car into a 340 Swinger. The VIN and fender tag will always be worth something.

plus its a rare early vitamin c color.
not many of those out there.

WHATS RYAN MEAN ,
THE VIN AND FENDER TAG WILL ALWAYS BE WORTH SOMETHING.

-
Back