1969 Dart Swinger 340

-

Clint C

Reaction score
Hello to all,
I am fairly new to the sight and this is my first post to any sight. I am currently in the process of a complete restoration on my 1969 Dart Swinger 340. I am the third owner. It is a all numbers matching, rust free, 65,000 mile California car. The car is currently on a lift in my shop. Engine, trans and rear are all out of the car and rebuilt. The underside of the car is 70% stripped to bare metal and will be complete this weekend. I am restoring this car as close to as built as possible. That being said, I am having trouble figuring out what it should look like underneath. The car is certainly clean enough to paint the floors but i'm unsure what is correct. Any thoughts or help would be great!

Thanks, Clint

Welcome to the forum, sounds like you have a great project going. Hopefully someone will be able to help you out. I've had several 340 a bodies over the years, but can't say as I ever looked at the underside all that closely, at least enough to help you with what you need, good luck.

The undercarriage should be a medium grey. Someone(forget name) sells a paint for this application but you can just have your local paint store mix something close in color.

Welcome from another '69 Dart owner

Welcome! Sounds like a nice resto project you have currently. Best of luck with your Dart.

Dave,

I do have pics but as I said I am new to this and couldn't figure out how to attach them. I will get some help from my wife in the next few days and post some.

Everything would have been grey primer, with some amount of body color overspray. When most people restore these old Mopars they paint the entire "chassis" body color. And some cars did leave the factory with nearly everything painted. Typical Mopar restored body/chassis:
83dd77a94bb72b2b853b095c7f9d45d8.jpg

abe5d8199d42cf8e16b33a61a6678b89.jpg

Nice to see another 69 340 Swinger being reborn. I enjoyed the learning process when I did mine and the personal satisfaction of doing almost all the work myself. Looking forward to seeing your work in progress.

-
Back