1969 dodge dart roller, whats it worth?

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
So let me get this straight, and no Im not being a smart ***, it doesnt matter how many parts you dump into the body, if it doesnt start up and drive its not worth as much? Really? Add up the cost of cal-tracs, frame ties, mini tubs, new tires and rims, headers, exhaust system, new springs, inboard kits, and new shocks....not to say thats all, the fuel cell, fuel pump, regulator, full guage set......and see what you come up with. Now figure in the cost of a 69 Dart body, good glass, solid straight body, fiberglass fenders and hood....and you cant get near 5k? That seems a little odd seeings as Ive seen some pretty rusty shells for 3K. I beg to differ, hey its America! Forget it, Im pulling the aluminum radiator and using it to brew some moonshine!! People do want it to be black friday all year round. You guys are awsome though, tons of things to think about and consider.

I don't know? For me I have a harder time selling good parts than a non running car. People have money but for the most part, I have found they won't pull it out unless they think they are getting a steal of a deal like 25-50% on the dollar. Its just a buyers market.

On the other hand I have also noticed that buying new parts is getting noticably more expensive daily. Just bought a solid cam and lifter $350.00 nothing special about it. Thought that was about double what it should on cost. Guess thats the problem of getting old and knowing what prices were 20 years ago.

Geez this thread is getting long as crap lol. I just posted a thread in the General Forum called the Mecum Effect and a lot of guys have been tossing back and forth thoughts on a lot of whats been touched on in this thread.

I think SC's just trying to move onto something new and in the process...save pieces from the old project (that were probably a pain in the *** to build or score) and use on the new project. We've ALL DEFINETLY BEEN THERE lol. But I liken it to going to an open house and seeing all the appliances missing lol There's always two sides to every story...Maybe the guy in the house spent 10k on all those appliances and knew he wouldnt get it back out of the sale. Wether that be the case or not...missing major components off a house or a car is a definete buzz killer to most buyers. Instead of seeing yourself :burnout:...you envision busted knuckles, cursing, and less money in your bank account. Its like starting a date off by grabbing the girls tits...very doubtful that she's gonna pay the dinner tab lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back