1969 Dodge Dart Swinger rebirth.....

-
Subscribed! Still collecting parts for mine, but love all the tips, tricks and tutorials in these builds! Black or white stripe?

Black stripe....i think but it will be a semi or flat like the 2006 dodge challengers

The project has now stalled.
Not by me.......but others !
The body and paint guy has had the car since Sept 6th.
He claims it is at the blaster's and the blaster has had a broken pair of compressors that did not allow him to blast the car. ???
As of last friday, the compressors are supposedly fixed !

The motor guy has recieved the wrong pistons a few months ago ( not his fault )
and is waiting for the new ones. They have been shipped but nobody can find them ???
He claims that 340 pistons production has been put on the back burner and they are by special order only.
WTF ???

The car at the blaster and the wrongly made PT piston.
What does PT stand for anyway ?

The car has finally made it back from the blaster and is at the body shop. !!!

I went out tonite and took a couple pics of the scoop.I couldn't figure out how to send you the pics of my scoop so here they are. Hope they give you a good idea of how we did it. Jim

Attachments

• 1455896_10154951598075437_8707103164221958208_n.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 294
  • 10406611_10154951598360437_4430924019321060279_n.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 274
I went out tonite and took a couple pics of the scoop.I couldn't figure out how to send you the pics of my scoop so here they are. Hope they give you a good idea of how we did it. Jim

Clean & simple ,with no fasteners sticking out. The newer body adhesives,are amazing stuff. As for the heater core box,might try Cracked back, or WHITEPUNKONNITRO. Or put a ad in the "parts wanted" listing, in for sale forums.

Its been awhile since I posted.
The engine has finally been finished and made it to the Dyno.
417 hp at 5400 rpms out of a 340 at 30 over.
All roller, 9.75 to 1 compression, edelbrock heads, prw 1.6 roller rockers, single plane super victor intake.
The picture is at a Machine shop in Lodi Ca. where the motor was Dynoed, before I loaded it into my truck

Attachments

• 340.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 249
The friend that buillt the motor had it for 3 years.....
My patience got me a great deal !
Thanks Joe!

I am waiting for the body of the car to come back from the paintshop.
It has been in the booth once already and was taken back out to fix something he didnt like. The painter says its now back in and should be finished by the end of this week.
He wants it to cure for 2 weeks and then he will paint the stripe on.

Car will look great when you get it finished:coffee2: Bet your chomping at the bit!!!

Dave...

The car is now back at home in the garage.
Time to get busy....
20170325_110509.jpg

Looks great... good luck with your build... btw love the pics of you in the dart leaving for blasting... I would love to have a neighbor like you ...

Its been awhile since I posted.
The engine has finally been finished and made it to the Dyno.
417 hp at 5400 rpms out of a 340 at 30 over.
All roller, 9.75 to 1 compression, edelbrock heads, prw 1.6 roller rockers, single plane super victor intake.
The picture is at a Machine shop in Lodi Ca. where the motor was Dynoed, before I loaded it into my truck

what are the specs on your camshaft?
At what rpm are making 417 hp?

-
Back