1969 Dodge Dart video where to start fixing rust!

-

skep419

No show, all go!
Reaction score
This winter I plan on fixing the rust holes in my Dart. It will be my first time attempting to do body work. Not sure where to start. The car is a driver so it does not have to look perfect in any way shape or form. Looking to keep the water off my feet and dust from my teeth 8). Also The seats need some attention. The GT came with a center council, auto on the floor and buckets. I'm leaning towards a bench seat with the arm rest from a later Dart. Not sure if it will fit with my shifter. I have been looking into the prices of recovering my buckets :shock:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSfs8Jjl-xI"]YouTube - 1969 Dodge Dart GT RUST!![/ame]

Cut out the cancerous floor pans and weld in new replacement floor pans. That will be a Good start in getting that cancer outta there. Nice Dart!!!! I would just recover those buckets.

Best places to start cutting (spot welds)? Things to do before cutting? I've seen some posts on floor replacement where they drilled holes first and connected the dots. I would like to just cut out the bad spots and use some scrap metal :-D
Thanks for the compliments.

At least your floor pans aren't this bad & its a California car..........yea thats a hole on top of the tunnel hump about the size of a tennis ball.

Attachments

• P1270738_0055.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 140
  • P1270740_0053.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 154
At least your floor pans aren't this bad & its a California car..........yea thats a hole on top of the tunnel hump about the size of a tennis ball.

uffda.png

The outside body was done 10 years ago (bondo side job). If there is rust there it will show itself sooner or later. Right now I am wanting to seal the floors up. From what I have been reading it takes a skilled fabricator to make custom floor pans. I was thinking about cutting out some cancer tonight but everyone at work thinks I should order new pans and use them as templates.

-
Back