-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Charger Dana

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hi, I am actually a B-Body guy helping my Dad's friend sell his Mopar A Body. I will be out of town until Saturday July 19th, 2014, and the seller is older and doesn't use a cell or email. The link I am posting to his ad has his contact information. The seller doesn't know a lot about Mopars, he just enjoys driving them. Either my Dad or I could probably help you more than the seller, but you should have almost everything you need to know from the VIN, pics etc. I would entertain driving this car to you for a reasonable price: fuel, cheap meals and hotels, one way flight home, probably wouldn't even charge out time depending on your location.

Short answers to Forum Rules:
1969 Notchback Barracuda, 85,000 miles, survivor
$11,000 asking
Located in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada (about 6 hours east of Calgary, Alberta).
Pictures posted on photobucket, the ad, and the link.

Here is the ad on Kijiji (Kijiji is like Craigslist but used way more in Canada, not sure if you use it in the USA). You may have to cut and paste to your browser line.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars...ar/1003633482?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

++++++++++++++++++
1969 Notchback Barracuda, 318 motor, original factory A/C car, Survivor, less than 85,000 original miles.

As I understand it, this car was originally a graduation gift to a woman in Iowa, who owned it until the late 2000's. She resisted several pleas to sell to drag racers who would have cut the car up. She did eventually sell to a collector, who in turn sold it to my Dad's friend Cal.

This car came from the US in 2010, it has less than 2,000 miles since then. Over $4,000 in parts including front end work done (see receipts in Photobucket). This is currently a registered and driven car, mostly just car shows in the summer. It is an outstanding driver car. Factory original yellow matching rims, including a spare and two snow tires (7 rims total). The original polyglas spare is in the trunk (see photobucket link, below). Original jack in the trunk, it does not look like it has ever been used. There is very little rust on the car, mostly surface rust and no perforation, and the trunk is immaculate. The interior is perfect- no cracks in dash, no cracks in any seats, carpet is beautiful, headliner perfect. Glass is very good, no cracks or chips. A/C works as new. You can literally hop in and drive this car home, no matter how far it is. Tires are very good (not the original tires, except spare). Original plaid trunk tray is in back. This car came with factory AM/FM radio, which is also working. There is a small dent in the nose, and very few other minor dents as befits a 45 year old original car. Bumpers and chrome are very good, all complete.

Repairs since I got the car:

New Rad 2011, $600
New distributor 2011, $342
New when I bought it in 2010: Power steering hose, return hose, clamps, voltage regulator, battery cable, 4 wheel cylinders, 2 brake hoses, brake line, 2 upper and lower ball joints, 1 upper control arm bushing, pinion seal, 2 wheel seals, Alternator belt, A/C recharge, 1 set of rear shoes, misc. TOTAL: $4,037.65.

What does all that mean? It means it’s a turn-key, survivor Mopar that is good to go. This is not an estate sale! I am looking for a C-body convertible in similar condition, but I am not interested in trades/swaps etc. Please call Cal (see Kijiji Link). I do not have email and can’t text. Leave a message if you do not reach me, I will return your call.

As a person who has purchased a vintage car long distance, I know what things to look for and what I would want to know. I have posted pictures of anything I thought I would want to know about.

For additional pictures, see the 60 or so pics here, including more interior, exterior, trunk, VIN, receipts and engine pics etc.:
http://s1379.photobucket.com/user/dgweeks12/library/?sort=3&page=1

Attachments

• Cal's Barracuda (2).jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 1,251
  • Cal's Barracuda (7).jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 1,257
  • Cal's Barracuda (15).jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 1,236
  • Cal's Barracuda (16).jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 1,241
  • Cal's Barracuda (19).jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 1,221
  • Cal's Barracuda (20).jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 1,214
  • Cal's Barracuda (21).jpg
    31 KB · Views: 1,211
  • Cal's Barracuda (34).jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 1,202
  • Cal's Barracuda (44).jpg
    57 KB · Views: 1,219
  • IMG_2015.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 1,193
I should have posted this long ago- sold for ~$9500 US. It was a lovely car, guy drove it home about 1,100 miles. I thought it was a really good deal, but no direct feed back? I am a b-body guy, but love a nice Mopar of any type.

I am not sure how to change the thread to sold, but will try to figure it out.

Regards,
Charger Dana

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back