1969 Plymotuh Ignition Switch. (and other locks?)

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

4mulaSvaliant

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Contact seller
Ok guys, I have just waited all week to get my new ignition from Rock auto and they had the wrong part listed as fitting my Valiant. Now I have found that the ignition switch is a ONE YEAR ONLY switch. Its supposedly the same across all the Plymouth's but.......... Dunno' for sure.

If someone has a 1969 donor car that has a good Ignition switch. Id like to get it from you. I can get it new, but its not quite worth $100.00 to me right now.
On a second note, if said donor car has the door locks also (so the keys match), I'd gladly take those off your hands as well.
Thanks guys.

Below are pictures of what I have and what I need. The one with the key in it, is the 67/68 ignition.
The other old and dirty one, is my orig. and it is apparently a 69 only switch.
Thanks again

Ignition Pics 001.jpg

Ignition Pics 002.jpg

ebay item 220533088651 69 + $6 shipping... there are a lot of new ones on there as well, but like you said, $100.

What is wrong with yours?

wow, thx guys....
Yeah I have perused over most of those as you guys were probley looking too. I have shot a few messages to the listeers of the items you guys posted up. Thx again..
As for mine, it was found to be the intermitant starting "bug" I have. I hooked up the chysler Ignition tester and when I put it in run to use the tester, the light was flickering when I jiggle the key. Then some times it would light up like it was supposed to, and other times it wouldnt light up at all. So I figured what the heck it needs a new lock cyl. and its having electrical issues. The heck with it, Ill replace it! Im about to take it apart and see what magic I can work. Wish me luck!!!

wow, thx guys....
Yeah I have perused over most of those as you guys were probley looking too. I have shot a few messages to the listeers of the items you guys posted up. Thx again..
As for mine, it was found to be the intermitant starting "bug" I have. I hooked up the chysler Ignition tester and when I put it in run to use the tester, the light was flickering when I jiggle the key. Then some times it would light up like it was supposed to, and other times it wouldnt light up at all. So I figured what the heck it needs a new lock cyl. and its having electrical issues. The heck with it, Ill replace it! Im about to take it apart and see what magic I can work. Wish me luck!!!

the lock cylinder is the center part, if your key goes in and out smooth, that is probably fine. The elec contacts are in the back of the switch and are probably what is giving you grief. Only 41 years old, I can't imagine it having issues yet! (LOL)

Well I just had it apart and the tumblers arent in bad shape its the keys fault when it comes to that, but yeas, I think the contacts are bad. I have this other swith and Im half tempted to switch out the contact end of this thing. Unfortunatey, its not made to come apart! LOL It may come apart anyhow. Hell what have I got to lose at this point. Its a pain to ship it back Im sure!

Well, Ill post it up and link it here, but I rebuilt the whole damn thing! I didn't use the contact or (switch) part of the new one, but I pulled the old one all apart. Once I seen how simple it was I thought to hell with it, Ill rebuild it and document it too! Its late now. Ill post it up tomorrow night. Good thing is, I tested it with a ohms meter and repeatedly got good readings when switched to all the different settings. We shall see!!!!
Thx for all the help guys.

Well, Ill post it up and link it here, but I rebuilt the whole dam thing! I didnt use the contact or (switch) part of the new one, but I pulled the old one all apart. Once I seen how simple it was I though to hell with it, Ill rebuild it and document it too! Its late now. Ill post it up tomorrow night. Good thing is, I tested it with a ohms meter and repeatedly got good readings when switched to all the different settings. We shall see!!!!
Thx for all the help guys.

Please do post with pictures. I have always wondered about this idea.

Try AutoZone, they supposedly have a ignition and door lock set for my
67 Dart.

Do you still need a switch? I bought one years ago and ended up not needing it. Has 2 keys. Now it sits in the toolbox. I'd say $40 to your door.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back