-
Status
Not open for further replies.

a1001970

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Nice car. 144K mi. Needs resto 1 owner. Matching #s (have not checked)
Orig. build sheet, tittle, window sticker. Lots of orig. paperwork, from orig. owner.
Asking,$18000. As far as I know, it has only had 1 valve job. Dont know about collisions.

!Bi-I9pwBmk~$(KGrHqQOKjQEsnYB9TTIBLRj,!d,ig~~_3[1].jpg

!Bi-Ii4w!Wk~$(KGrHqYOKkIEsn!E07-YBLRjZBTJlQ~~_3[1].jpg

!Bi-IpfQ!Wk~$(KGrHqQOKj4Es9y1IMQFBLRjZQ3G2g~~_3[1].jpg

!Bi-J!kw!2k~$(KGrHqYOKiYEsnul0o3)BLRj,Hm,fg~~_14[1].jpg

!Bi-JED!Bmk~$(KGrHqEOKi0Esm(BQ!m8BLRj,Pv+rg~~_3[1].jpg

!Bi-J-gw!mk~$(KGrHqQOKioEsn!zrjNqBLRjcf0jg!~~_3[1].jpg

!Bi-KIDw!2k~$(KGrHqUOKjMEsnr2+M8!BLRjc4jpu!~~_3[1].jpg

!Bi-KNJQBGk~$(KGrHqYOKjQEsneT4jMEBLRjdF(MCQ~~_3[1].jpg

Thats what i thought, i was under the impression that all A53 A56 A57 cars had to have disc brakes, still trying to get all the history on the one i bought the other day........not saying this one is not legit, just trying to figure out ma mopar , somtimes that is a hard thing to do, i am starting to wonder if they really had any guidelines that they kept when they built these cars !!
Nice car, hope it sells quick for ya !
Blessings, Frank

GUidelines YES!!! but famous for "in plant runouts" back in the 60's & 70's..... they had broadcast sheets for sure...but if they ran out of parts ona particular run it was not unusual for them ( or ANY domestic automaker) to use what was on hand as long as it exceeded the original specs. Which is why some 318 cars had the performace 727 or Dana rear ends etc etc etc heavy duty ( hemi) springs......if they didnt have the spec'd part they would substitute to keep the line moving...... ALL of the big 3 did that stuff not just Ma Mopar....... some buicks had chevy engines etc etc etc.... it happened all the time...... and anyone that thinks otherwise is grossly mal informed. Back then they didnt stop that line for Nothing...including death!.... thems the fax jak..... I worked for all of the big three in the 60's & 70's as a freelance quality inspector.....I saw them ( all three) put upgraded parts in cars I saw two deaths and the line didnt even slow down......using upgraded on hand parts to keep the lines moving was rather commonplace......altho it is difficult to explain this to purists who believe that if they didnt have a particular part they would "sidetrack" a vehicle..... Horsefeathers!! Flying PIgs!! the concept of stopping the line to make things right was not introduced until the mid to late 80's and even then it was very very "limited"....you had better have a damn good reason to smak the "red button" and YES people did get fired for doing it without due cause! in the late 80's & 90's they got way more serious about QUALITY and the red button got smaked quite often....and cars did get side tracked pending parts....but that did not happen in the 60's & 70's if broadcast called for an 8 & 3/4 and the rack was empty.... "grab that Dana and keep it moving" was the battle cry. ANYthing "bolt on" could be upgraded "in flight"
Hope I didnt POP any bubbles....but I saw this happen again & again with my own eyes!

GUidelines YES!!! but famous for "in plant runouts" back in the 60's & 70's..... they had broadcast sheets for sure...but if they ran out of parts ona particular run it was not unusual for them ( or ANY domestic automaker) to use what was on hand as long as it exceeded the original specs. Which is why some 318 cars had the performace 727 or Dana rear ends etc etc etc heavy duty ( hemi) springs......if they didnt have the spec'd part they would substitute to keep the line moving...... ALL of the big 3 did that stuff not just Ma Mopar....... some buicks had chevy engines etc etc etc.... it happened all the time...... and anyone that thinks otherwise is grossly mal informed. Back then they didnt stop that line for Nothing...including death!.... thems the fax jak..... I worked for all of the big three in the 60's & 70's as a freelance quality inspector.....I saw them ( all three) put upgraded parts in cars I saw two deaths and the line didnt even slow down......using upgraded on hand parts to keep the lines moving was rather commonplace......altho it is difficult to explain this to purists who believe that if they didnt have a particular part they would "sidetrack" a vehicle..... Horsefeathers!! Flying PIgs!! the concept of stopping the line to make things right was not introduced until the mid to late 80's and even then it was very very "limited"....you had better have a damn good reason to smak the "red button" and YES people did get fired for doing it without due cause! in the late 80's & 90's they got way more serious about QUALITY and the red button got smaked quite often....and cars did get side tracked pending parts....but that did not happen in the 60's & 70's if broadcast called for an 8 & 3/4 and the rack was empty.... "grab that Dana and keep it moving" was the battle cry. ANYthing "bolt on" could be upgraded "in flight"
Hope I didnt POP any bubbles....but I saw this happen again & again with my own eyes!

hard to believe they would make a 383 car without disc!what were they thinking

Isnt the center of the Formula "S" trunk panel trim supposed to be painted black?? Maybe its all peeled off. Mine is painted black and has the formula "S" emblem on the passenger side, with no "fish" emblem.

Isnt the center of the Formula "S" trunk panel trim supposed to be painted black?? Maybe its all peeled off. Mine is painted black and has the formula "S" emblem on the passenger side, with no "fish" emblem.

Yup, you are correct, the one on this car may have been replaced at one time, all the ones I have seen have the "S" emblem on the passenger side, no fish.

Very nice Barracuda. I (as well as many others) would love to have it. One question: Do you know what the scoop is on the trunk finishing panel? It appears to be a standard/'Cuda panel with a Formula S badge on the driver's side?

Nice car ,I thought disk brakes were not mandatory until the 70 340 duster pkg came along.

Interesting quick observations,120 speedo,formula-s seats front and back but no wood grain on the dash and no formula-s door panels with wood grain zero console.Someone changed some things along the way.

Interesting quick observations,120 speedo,formula-s seats front and back but no wood grain on the dash and no formula-s door panels with wood grain zero console.Someone changed some things along the way.

Everything there is normal.

Everything you listed was optional. The interior is correct for deluxe interior (including the door panels)

Console was optional.

Rally instrument panel (wood grain and 150 mph speedo) was optional.

None of this was standard on a Formula S.

It is a very common misconception that the Formula S package came with more than it really did.

The standard Formula S interior is exactly the same as that of the lowest /6.

Is there such a thing as "S" seats? Or interior? I know there is a deluxe interior option seperate from the A53. Nice desirable car. He has enough paperwork that if someone was questioning it, Im sure it can be verified as an "S". And the trunk trim looks like its been changed....not trying to insult the seller, but you can tell by the shine of it that somethings different. Good luck nice car.

Yup, wrong info. I have a 69 formula s w/ drums, standard interior, 150 mph speedo, and the woodgrain dash. All that stuff is optional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back