1969 Plymouth Barracuda 383 4 spd for sale

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine is a 67 and it came with a 742 case, it was produced late in the 67 model year.
I know if you ordered a 67 and a BB you had to order the Formula S package, and you had to order disc brakes- and if you ordered a fastback with disc you had to order the redline tires. This leads some to believe that the Formula S had to come with disc, when it is the engine that is dictating the brakes.
In 68 it changed and disc brakes were optional on all models. Once again this leads to many debates regarding disc brakes, and BBs, and Formula S models.

The Formula S package is the H. D. suspension: torsion bars, rear springs, sway bar, shocks, redlines, 5.5" J rims, and the "medallions."
In 67 only the BBs came with dual exhaust, it was not part of the Formula S package- neither was the BB.
68 added the 340 or 383 to the Formula S package and dual exhaust.

67s also came standard with the 120 speedo with trip, two speed wipers, and electric windshield washers- you could not get manual. This changed in 68.

The 150 speedo was only available with the decor package, woodgrain dash, chrome trim on pedals, etc. It is actually stated as, "A rallye speedometer is included in the optional decor package."

This is referring to the 150 speedo- so is my dash with the 120 speedo and a performance indicator a rallye dash? Depends on who you ask.

The 68 and 69 rallye instrument cluster came with a 150 speedo with trip and woodgrain.

All that said, could I order a new Barracuda however I wanted to? Maybe, if I worked for Chrysler or knew the salesman. Did the workers use what they had to get the job done, make mistakes, and start using 68 parts on the last of the 67s? Probably.
Did I get all of the info correct? Probably not, but I know that certain changes from year to year, how the cars were assembled and when, are the basis for confusion.

It would be nice to see an original 67 BB with power steering- that would prove nothing is impossible.

a1001970 sorry about your thread being destroyed beyond recognition.You were trying to sell a car here.And then came all this vast knowledge of mopar wisdom. Good luck with your sale.

disc brakes were not mandatory on 70 duster 340.

First good luck with the sale of this rare and unique car.

Regarding disc brakes and the 1970 Plymouth Duster 340, the factory installed disc brakes as standard equipment on all 1970 Plymouth Duster 340s.

The MSRP for a 1970 Plymouth Duster 340 was $2,547 and included front disc brakes as standard equipment.

My brother was a car salesman at Bob Banning Chrysler-Plymouth-Dodge in Hyattsville MD, a close suburb of Wash DC, from 1968 - 1972.

I purchased new a 1970 Plymouth Duster 340 in May 1970, and indeed all 340 Dusters for 1970 came factory equipped with front disc brakes.

In 1971, Plymouth made disc brakes an option, not standard factory equipment, on the 1971 Plymouth Duster 340.

You can look around the web for the Plymouth Rapid Transit System advertisement, which featured all the 1970 Plymouth Hi-po cars for 1970, and that ad will lay out the exact factory standard equipment for the 1970 Plymouth Duster 340.

There are also plenty of car magazines, dealer brochures and the like which correctly document that factory front disc brakes were standard equipment on all 1970 Plymouth Duster 340s.

If you find a 1970 Plymouth Duster 340 without front discs, that will be the first, most likely you found a car that was either a /6 or 318 that has been modified to look like a tribute to the 1970 Duster 340.

First good luck with the sale of this rare and unique car.

Regarding disc brakes and the 1970 Plymouth Duster 340, the factory installed disc brakes as standard equipment on all 1970 Plymouth Duster 340s.

The MSRP for a 1970 Plymouth Duster 340 was $2,547 and included front disc brakes as standard equipment.

My brother was a car salesman at Bob Banning Chrysler-Plymouth-Dodge in Hyattsville MD, a close suburb of Wash DC, from 1968 - 1972.

I purchased new a 1970 Plymouth Duster 340 in May 1970, and indeed all 340 Dusters for 1970 came factory equipped with front disc brakes.

In 1971, Plymouth made disc brakes an option, not standard factory equipment, on the 1971 Plymouth Duster 340.

You can look around the web for the Plymouth Rapid Transit System advertisement, which featured all the 1970 Plymouth Hi-po cars for 1970, and that ad will lay out the exact factory standard equipment for the 1970 Plymouth Duster 340.

There are also plenty of car magazines, dealer brochures and the like which correctly document that factory front disc brakes were standard equipment on all 1970 Plymouth Duster 340s.

If you find a 1970 Plymouth Duster 340 without front discs, that will be the first, most likely you found a car that was either a /6 or 318 that has been modified to look like a tribute to the 1970 Duster 340.

I guess I am corrected.....even though I have seen three or four 70 factory 340 dusters with drums....Chrysler did not always stick to what they said they were going to do.

There you two go.If I don't know the correct info on something I don't post it!

This definitely is a sleeper in all sense of the word. No scoops on hood, no stripes, no badges. 120 speedo, What a cool car!!!!!
here is a bump for ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back