-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alkelly340

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I have a good condition 340 for sale. Flat cam but in eveything else in good shape. No major groves in cylinder walls, just needs a good cleaning. bolted to a pallet with an engine stand, B&M flexplate, alum timing cover, lifter and crank windage trays and engine stand. Forged steel crank, pistons (10.5-1), and rods. $500 plus shipping. Ready to ship no thanks to a ebay punk reneging on a bid. Not sure of exact weight, somewhere around 500-600 lbs though. shipping to Florida would have been about $550.
Be happy to send pics on request.

Its assembled and complete with the exception of heads, pushrods, intake, exaust. I do have a waterpump for it as well, a flowcooler high flow alum. Apologies for vagueness.

The car in your pic is A car just like mine that I had the engine in until it flattened the Cam back when oil manufacturers decided to remove zinc and flat tappets started flattening out like crazy, 2002-03 or something like that. Motor ran strong with X heads on it.

yeah, I still have the 273 in mine but have two complete and ready to go 340's in the garage. I am going to put one in while I rebuild the 273. then figure out what to do with the 340's... You can get oil with zinc in it I have been through the same thing with this one flattening out the cam, learned my lesson...

It seems like a reasonable deal with your motor I'm sure it wont last long.

Thanks, I know the Chevron Dello 15w40 works well and has the zinc, last I heard anyways. Need a pair of X heads for one those 340's? Last I remember they are 1969 with the hardened seats but could also use a little cleanup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back