-
Status
Not open for further replies.

340duster340

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Contact seller
1970 x head 340 and matching 727 transmission.

story: mike buys parts car, mikes strips car and saves all buy the engine/trans/rear. mike is a hoarder and will never sell the 8&3/4 rear, but thinks of it every time he has to move it to get to other parts he is hoarding. mike eventually has 2 kids which resulted in the parts hoard, and car being worked on to sit. for a long time. mike's kids are now old enough (2&4) where he can get some garage time in and start putting the 66 dart back together.

about the motor: was supposedly rebuilt in the 90's. judging by the gaskets i believe this to be true. the parts car was also allegedly restored and parked, which i also believe to be true. 4.080 bore size, also indicates a rebuild at 40-over. my theory is that the car had electrical and mechanical gremlins at which point in the project killed it due to lack of funds. during tear down i noticed a few things -- wrong hardware externally, a 318 port-size Edelbrock intake, yet a decent intake port job, and a bent push rod. still have yet to pull the other head and oil pan, but i will get there later today/ tomorrow. long story short, i view this as a core to freshen up. unless you trust the bozo that built this in the 90s. for the record i don't trust him.

about the original 340 car this came out of: 1970 dart plum crazy, black interior, rally dash, buckets, console. parted and rotted until the guy who build the car that would eventually become the parts car i bought. the guy literally swapped everything, including the glass over to the parts car. VIN LM23H0R192039, i have the broadcast sheet.

its been a while since i sold a 340+matching 727, but i would like to upgrade to a magnum crate motor for the project, so will start at $4000 (and will include the 340 HP manifolds at that price), or best offer. this is for the engine, trans and manifolds. i do not have the matching 340 carb or intake. this is really best suited for a restoration person who needs a numbers matching motor close to their build date.

located 11729 NY, PM me your cell and i can text pics, else can get pics up in a day or so.

Thanks for reading,

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back