1970 340 Duster with a fender tag code V02

-

littlebluechoo

Reaction score
Has anyone seen or own a 1970 or any year model 340 duster with a V02 code on the fender tag.

V02 is a two tone paint treatment.May be in conjunction with V2x which is vinyl trim but no vinyl just painted top or may be the black 340 wedge hood?
Just found V20 is a halo partial vinyl roof so it may have been stamped backwards.It happened alot.

Mine is Tx9 Gloss black painted top and Fj6 Sassy Grass Green body. I think this is a very rare duster. Maybe a 1 of 1 but not sure. Need to do a little research. Any help would be appreciated.

Mine is Tx9 Gloss black painted top and Fj6 Sassy Grass Green body. I think this is a very rare duster. Maybe a 1 of 1 but not sure. Need to do a little research. Any help would be appreciated.

Possibly rare? Maybe, it is an unusual combination? I would say so. Chrysler Corp. never kept paint records on car /color combinations so impossible to know for sure if it is 1 of 1. It would not be so unusual to see that combination back in the day with a black vinyl top.

I know of five V02 1970 Dusters - so far. One of them is FJ6 TX9. Your car or a different one?

I am sure more are out there, but 1970 Duster & Valiant owners rarely register.

I have a dark green duster with a white painted top. I always thought the owner wanted the look of a vinyl top but painted was cheaper. Just a thought. On my car maybe it made it cooler inside.

I know of five V02 1970 Dusters - so far. One of them is FJ6 TX9. Your car or a different one?

I just purchased my car so I don't know if it's the one you have registered. I plan on registering mine soon. I will send in the information along with a donation soon. The last 5 of my vin is 63660 is this the FJ6 V02 you have listed.

I just printed the registration form from your website and will do a tracing of my fender tag and mail it in later this week. Thanks for your help

I'm an older guy and have an older brother who sold new Mopar from 1968 to 1972.

I recall seeing several cars during that period with differnet color factory painted tops, when compared to body color.

One example I remember was a 1970 Duster 340 in FM3 body color (Moulin Rouge) with a factory BLACK painted top.

So yes, there were cars that came from the factory during that period with painted tops that differed from the color on the lower exterior.

i dont have a duster but i have a swinger340 with the V02 option ben out in arizona has one aswell oppisite colors of mine

-
Back