1970 340 SWINGER AIR CONDITIONING INDICATOR LAMP

-

raydurr

Reaction score
I have a 1970 340 SWINGER w rally dash and factory AC. There is a indicator lamp with a blue lense directly behind the temperature controls. The lamp has a orange wire feeding it. I cannot get power to this orange wire or lamp. The factory service manual does not clearly show its power source. What exactly is the role of the indicator and where does it receive power?
Thanks

I think it takes it power from the ac clutch switch?

I'm not familiar with '70 models, but I think my '72 has something similar and it's the light source for the ac and heater control pushbuttons, which are a clear plastic. Is it possible that this is the case on your car? If so, then it would be the regular interior light circuit, not ac clutch.

just a thought as i re-read this

there is a connector in the AC/Heat harness running to the controller that has a single orange wire. 69 barracuda anyway. The button lamps are all powered from the lighting circuits. Unless you have an "AC on" indicator, which I haven't seen, all models should be very similar and use the lighting circuit for the blue lens lamp above the push buttons.

The bulb lights up the a/c buttons when the dash lights are on. The orange wire is dash lights on that year. I think the dash lights may be the only orange wire under the dash.

Your car will be the same as this, the full mopar manual shows it the same. upper right corner shows your lamp, the wire off the lamp is usually about 6 inches long

jj.png

-
Back