1970/71 plymouth duster

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know if you found one yet, but this one is on Moparts and not too far from you:

Attachments

• moparts ad.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 714
My 70 Duster is rust free. Came from South Carolina. It is next in line to be restored though, I don't think I could sell it. The wife would love it if I did though.

Id sure like to see some posted pics of the trunk, floors & rear quarters please ?

Here are some photos for you. The surface rust will come off once the car is blasted. 79,*** original miles too.

Attachments

• photo-9.JPG
    86.3 KB · Views: 560
  • 030.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 563
  • 025.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 591
  • 014.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 596
  • 013.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 571
  • 012.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 580
  • 011.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 578
  • 009.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 566
  • 002.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 623
Here are some photos for you. The surface rust will come off once the car is blasted. 79,*** original miles too.

Yep thats about as good as it gets for a 70-71 Duster project .. So make this guy & your wife happy & Sell it to him ?
Noticed you didnt show RR quarter & tweaked rear panel indicates RR quarter damage im sure !
Oh the welded drivers door latch post is pretty well a given on these models just like mine !
Thats thin sheetmetal in that area for sure & needs to be reinforced on all restorations !
This is a Great early Duster for anybody !

Yep thats about as good as it gets for a 70-71 Duster project .. So make this guy & your wife happy & Sell it to him ?
Noticed you didnt show RR quarter & tweaked rear panel indicates RR quarter damage im sure !
Oh the welded drivers door latch post is pretty well a given on these models just like mine !
Thats thin sheetmetal in that area for sure & needs to be reinforced on all restorations !
This is a Great early Duster for anybody !

Thanks. Actually the rear tail panel is dented because my partner in the body shop backed into it, and the dent in the drivers rear is because he dropped a nova door, from about 10 feet and it hit the quarter. Needless to say, I no longer have a partner in the body shop. The right rear quarter is perfect. Yea, as soon as I got the car back to the shop, I bought a replacement piece for the nader pin bolt in the jamb. I don't think I have ever seen a non restored car without it being cracked there. Still debating what to do with the car. I am almost done restoring my 71 Challenger, and this one was suppose to be next in line, for the wife, but now she told me to sell it.

Thanks. Actually the rear tail panel is dented because my partner in the body shop backed into it, and the dent in the drivers rear is because he dropped a nova door, from about 10 feet and it hit the quarter. Needless to say, I no longer have a partner in the body shop. The right rear quarter is perfect. Yea, as soon as I got the car back to the shop, I bought a replacement piece for the nader pin bolt in the jamb. I don't think I have ever seen a non restored car without it being cracked there. Still debating what to do with the car. I am almost done restoring my 71 Challenger, and this one was suppose to be next in line, for the wife, but now she told me to sell it.

Yeah its hard to keep a car around & not get a ding or 2 here & there !
I bought a very nice used door jamb area & reinforced & welded section in to make it look original .. But that is a problem area for sure !
If you build it or somebody else builds it .. this would be the perfect start on a 1st yr Duster Resto !

have seen more than one - at least two in the u pull its in the last decade - but the yard managements were too crush happy! idiots, if you ask me imho.

I have seen a few rust free but most are slant 6 models & have rust in rear quarters at least !
I live in texas & you would think most cars would be rust free But in reality they rust here just like everywhere else .. But most all have good frame rails here !
I like all the brands but Mopar is by far the hardest to find in virgin metal !
If you start w/ as a rust free 70-71 Duster it will save you a ton of money & time to complete for sure !

And that, my friend, is why I am not sure I can sell it. I am selling my 73 charger though if you know anyone that wants a completely restored, 73 charger 340 rallye. Numbers matching.

here are some pics of the charger

Attachments

• nmbljn.JPG
    87.3 KB · Views: 452
  • DSCN0009.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 420
  • 73 RALLYE 3 (3).JPG
    19.4 KB · Views: 443
  • 73 RALLYE 5.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 468
  • 73 RALLYE 3.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 446
  • lnmlnml.JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 485
  • mlm.JPG
    90.4 KB · Views: 442
  • pauls 73.JPG
    117.4 KB · Views: 471
And that, my friend, is why I am not sure I can sell it. I am selling my 73 charger though if you know anyone that wants a completely restored, 73 charger 340 rallye. Numbers matching.

Yeah if your going to build a 70 Duster 340 car i would keep this one ffor sure !
Im kinda bias on the 70 model as its what im working on myself after a 20+ year waiting for a call me if you want sell it .. bought in 2008 !
1970 w/ 340 is also the highest HP & compression motor on all yr dusters !
Plus there are 1st odddities like 1yr stripe w/ combo of 69 -70 mopar mixed parts thats make it more special to me than the later models !
My 70 Duster is Lime & rest is a Low Option Taxi Cab w/ a stick shift !
Its my Jim Bean Lime Green Mean Mopar Machine .. Haha !
PS . i would like to have ANY of your cars .. challenger, duster & charger BUT i really am interersted finding a 71 Charger R/T or 500 edition to clone to R/T .. It was the 3rd car that i had in high school & yep it got Crashed & warming to the this model charger idea more every day here lately ??
Peace & Good Luck !

here are some pics of the charger

Man that 73 Charger is sweet !
Is it faily original w/ a repaint ?
If you painted it .. it looks good my friend !
You should have no problem flipping this one if the price is right ?
Good Luck !

The car is all original, numbers matching. The 340 has only 88229 miles on it. The interior is all original as well, the original dash pad is perfect, the seats are perfect. I did paint this one. It had a previous paint job, but once sanded down, this car was straight. I had to put a new vinyl top on her and all the chrome trim was professionally redone, including the bumpers and bumperettes. I am asking $16k for it, which someone that is building this car, will have that in parts alone.

I have a 1970 Duster, has some street/strip stuff done to it tho. I can get pics if your interested. Mods made: Factory wheel tubs cut and made wider (trunk hinges relocated and still function good), springs relocated to frame rails, factory mounts cut off K-frame for big block motor plate but I have another V-8 K-frame out of a 70 duster that goes with car, and trunk floor cut out with sheet metal floor put in for fuel cell. The car needs engine, fuel system, and trans to be running but already has 8 3/4, full black interior, disc brakes on front with big bolt pattern, fiberglass 6 pak hood, drag star wheels etc. I have not put car on lift or been under it but only visible rust is in driver lower 1/4, patch panel will fix it. Car is from Mississippi and on trailer I could see no rust any where but LR panel. I have been collecting parts for build on this for my wife's dream plum crazy duster but she says she'd rather have a new house...lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back