-
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldenGirl

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I'm looking for a gas cap for a 70-72 Dart that is still wearing factory gold paint. My car is GY8 and I don't want to pay a fortune to get someone to mix the paint, spray a new cap and have it not match due to fading etc.

Saw one at Carlisle (exact match!) and the guy wanted $40. Just couldn't bring myself to pay that...

all three years take a different gas cap. They are year specific. and you will need the tube to go with the correct cap

Attachments

• DSCF2700.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 368
  • DSCF2701.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 324
  • DSCF2702.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 316
  • DSCF2699.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 317
I'm looking for a gas cap for a 70-72 Dart that is still wearing factory gold paint. My car is GY8 and I don't want to pay a fortune to get someone to mix the paint, spray a new cap and have it not match due to fading etc.

Saw one at Carlisle (exact match!) and the guy wanted $40. Just couldn't bring myself to pay that...

What year do you have? Most caps are $20-$25, so $40 is high but if it matched that was a deal!

What year do you have? Most caps are $20-$25, so $40 is high but if it matched that was a deal!

71 caps you find in nice shape are upwards of $80.00 and more. And that's if you find one? I have plenty of caps but will not sell any more 71's I have 6 left . 2 for each car .

I have some 70's, some 72-74. And 75,76. that I would sell. Also any year or style tube needed for 67 and up. Paint-able caps I've seen go for around $40 for 72 and up. more than $40 for 67-70 paint-able.

I'm using a '69 cap on a '73 car that I bought a few years back for $20 and it works like a dream.

Also, for what it's worth, the painted plate and pot metal handle come off of the type specific fixture.

So with that in mind you could get whatever year with the used gold paint and if you absolutely couldn't get the complete setup to work with any amount of tinkering, you could swap the guts for another. Maybe even an aftermarket if you could get the screw holes on the pot metal handle to line up with the holes in the fixture. The machine threads are in the handle, so it would just be a matter of checking and maybe cutting/ filing/ drilling corrected holes if need be.

Hope this helps.

71 caps you find in nice shape are upwards of $80.00 and more. And that's if you find one? I have plenty of caps but will not sell any more 71's I have 6 left . 2 for each car .

I have some 70's, some 72-74. And 75,76. that I would sell. Also any year or style tube needed for 67 and up. Paint-able caps I've seen go for around $40 for 72 and up. more than $40 for 67-70 paint-able.

So you want to buy my caps?? lol :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back