1970 904 Rebuild

-

Moparturbo

Reaction score
Well I am going to attempt to rebuild a 904 for the first time. I've watched some videos on Youtube and I have the ATSG transmission manual. Is there any other reference material I should be looking at also? I am going to install the Transgo TF-3 shift kit.

Just a few notes, see what the end play is before you take it apart and it can't be cleaned enough, do you have a stand to hold the case?

Is this TF-3 the manual valvebody? It's been a long time since I used a Trans-go. If you are retaining the automatic shift, I would highly recommend installing an A&A part throttle kickdown kit. It's so much more enjoyable to drive.

Don't know how far you are from me in Ohio but I have every tool you would ever need to do that job. I just retired as a Chrysler line tech after 37 years there. Did a LOT of transmission rebuilds to the point of hating them. Now I don't mind. Funny how not having to do something changes your mine. I'm close to Canton. PM me if you need something.

Yes the TF-3 is the manual valve body so he would not use the part throttle kickdown. But you are correct it is a nice feature in the automatic for sure.

1971 V8 first year. I think 1968 for the /6 with a 904? But yeah all of them by 1971 IIRC.

Don't know how far you are from me in Ohio but I have every tool you would ever need to do that job. I just retired as a Chrysler line tech after 37 years there. Did a LOT of transmission rebuilds to the point of hating them. Now I don't mind. Funny how not having to do something changes your mine. I'm close to Canton. PM me if you need something.
Appreciate it! When I am ready I will get with you.
I grew up in Akron/Canton. Live outside of Zanesville now.

-
Back