1970 A Body Bucket Seat Stop Bumpers

-

mrhp

Reaction score
Are there any reproductions for the 1970 A body bucket seat back bumpers?

Yes most restoration sites carry them, the ones off my 70 seats were black all the plastic repop one I have seen are white and I just tried them on the repop screw in stud they are mounted on and it doesn't want to go on! Grrrr

Before I took my seats apart I documented everything , they push/snap on the stud

Classic Industries | Restoration Parts | Mopar Parts | Camaro Parts | Firebird Parts | Nova Parts | Impala Parts | GM Truck Parts | Tri-Five Chevy Parts

BLAH not sure why the link is showing up like that but it works
Part#MD2034

Thanks. Looks like those are just for B & E bodies. Mine are original & white but different than those. I don't see A body bucket ones anywhere except for early '60s.

It says B & E body but appear to be the same I measured up both pieces and they matched the old pieces, the stud screws in fine but what gets me is the two pieces won't fit each other like they are suppose to it seems the inner diameter of the plastic is too tight.

If I am not mistaken the seat framed for B, E & A were the same

Thanks. That makes sense then with all the A body cars out there. I'll check them out closer...

Picked up a set from Van's, $14 including shipping on eBay

Took the driver seat stopper out; stud came out easy as the original stop was cracking

Put the new stopper in a cup of hot water & the stud in the freezer

After a few minutes, put some lithium on rim of the stopper, put the stud in a deep 3/8" socket (1/4" drive), couple of raps with the hammer & done!

-
Back