1970 Dart Custom

-

1970dartcustom

of the Moore clan
Reaction score
I have purchased this 1970 Dart Custom. It will have a 383, 727, n a 8 3/4 rear. Its just a body with no motor or tranny. I have trailered it to my Dad's house and purchased an 8 3/4 rear and rebuilt it, and now it has a 742 carrier, sure-grip posi, 323 gears, and its all steamed, painted, oiled, and has new seals and bearings on the axles...
Currently the heads are being worked, and this is as far as we are. I have a few pics of the car as it is now. The problem is that my Dad is building it for me, and I am sending him the money and parts. So, I cannot be physically involved in building it, or spend the time with my father doing it. I will fly up and drive it back after all the mechanical things are accomplished and it is fully functional.

Attachments

• daisy.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 649
  • daisy4.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 581
  • daisy3.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 566
  • daisy2.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 554
Got the oil pan for the big block (the 187) so the big block will fit in the a body and clear the suspension.

Attachments

• daisy6.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 493
Got the heads worked on (bowl-cut, hardened seats, Comp springs, new exhaust valves, etc)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• daisy7.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 524
Got my big block 727 transmission cleaned out, new clutches, all gone through, new pan, new filters, etc) am going to put a stage one shift kit on it soon, and probably a new pump...

Attachments

• daisy5.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 501
got rear brake parts (drums, springs, etc...) and just ordered my wheels and tires!!!!!!!

Attachments

• tires.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 494
  • wheels.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 515
My tires mounted on the wheels :blob:(sorta blurry pic as my old dad took it quickly) :D

Attachments

• daisy8.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 491
This is sort of what my dart will look like, same color, same wheels, but with '70 bumper and a/c glass... and no chrome strip down the side...

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 500
  • brown dart.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 478
FINALLY, the rear end we've been working on is hung under the Dart!!! Here is the pic of it, dad has just sprayed the u-bolts black and such before putting them on...
This 8 3/4 rear had the 742 positrac carrier in it all rebuilt, and the axle bearings, seals, n such are all new, n the housing was all steam-cleaned, greased, oiled, n painted. ooooOOOOOOOooooo...... O:) :color:

Attachments

• daisy9.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 508
Heres a pic of the 15x8's with 255/60/r16's on them... looks like were gonna hafta bend the fender lips up, cuz the 4.5 inch backspacing wasn't quite enough... its super close to the lips and lots of room towards the relocated springs... oh well, I'll put some huge one's on later...

Attachments

• daisy9999.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 459
Getting all the brake parts put on... Brake lines, drums, hardware, etc....

Attachments

• daisy99999.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 399
Hanging the transmission today, too!!!!!

Attachments

• daisyfront.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 380
  • daisyfronttranny.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 363
  • daisyfronttranny2.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 367
I'm liking the look, and your vision for the car also!! Keep up the good work my friend, it'll be breathing fire in no time!!!

All brake lines completely ripped out and replaced with new, emergency brake assembly, cable, and lever all replaced, master cylinder, etc all new

Attachments

• daisy master.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 386
  • daisy brakes 2.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 369
  • daisy brakes.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 358
  • daisy99999.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 382
Also, got the tires/wheels on front and back now LOOOOK! (No motor so it'll sit differently later...)

Attachments

• daisy front wheels.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 381
  • daisy front wheels 2.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 375
Got the new door handle and inside mechanism on the driver side door, as well as the remote mirror with controls on the drivers door. (Since the passenger door was salvaged off of a '71 swinger, the mechanisms are slightly different so we couldn't get the handle and innards done yet on it...) The passenger a/c tinted glass is in the back seat waiting to be installed on it since the salvaged door wasn't a/c...

Attachments

• daisy door.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 373
Man I remember how exciting it was getting closer to fire up on a project like this! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for the kind words guys!
New front end kit all installed inners outers uppers lowers etc...

Attachments

• front end.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 263
New transmission cross member n mounts, new conversion motor mounts (slant 6 to 383) with Poly Locs installed (to reduce engine movement and prevent mount destruction etc...)

Attachments

• mounts.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 271
  • poly locs.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 266
-
Back