1970 Dart Dash

-
The metal dash or the gauge cluster ? 71-72 should be the same. There were different trim packages though. Mine has the wood grain trim.

There is a 70 6 cylinder car that looked like it had a guage cluster simmilar to a 69 dart and i know this car is all original but are the 69 dashes the same?

Yes there was a sweep gauge cluster also in 70. Only 340 cars had the Rallye gauges.

I'm not sure if the 70 Dash will work in a 69 or not.

70 Dart would have either the Rallye dash or the sweep gauge. The sweep gauge could be either wood grain or not. They are actually the same gauge just finished different.

Heres the 70 wood grain dash
c9fc_1.JPG

69 Dash looks much different
dd37_1.JPG

I would think you could swap the metal dash frame from a 69 to a 71 without much trouble. I think the trim(if used) would fit the existing holes, or would at least cover them and require minimal work. You can see from the pic that Adam posted. As for the 70 Dart, the standard guage dash frame will swap (fit) from the 69 to the 70, but the 70 uses far fewer pieces of trim so you might have extra holes to deal with (with the exception of the 70 Dart GT which is the same woodgrain dash as the 71 Dart Swinger).

Is the rallye dash is a different frame? And do have a picture of the bulkhead on a 1970 dart fire wall for the wiring harness?

-
Back