1970 Dart Swinger $2500

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
The owner of the car told his mom he wanted it crushed if anything happen to him. I tried my best to keep that from happening, but she was set on crushing it. The lady is like my second mom and I wasn't going to lie to her or go against her will. The car was a very solid car that I myself would have loved to see on the road again, but short of winning the powerball it wasn't in my future. Some on his ashes were placed in the car and it was crushed. His 1971 Challenger was saved and is still on the road, but the Dart was his true first Mopar. It was set to be crushed in 2007 and I stepped in and saved it, but I was unable to do what I wanted with it and lost my storage. I thought if I could sell it quick it would be saved. Yeah all your judging and smartass comments were dead on! Some people should know the whole story before popping off at the mouth. Ban me all you want I could care less. Thank you Mojo for trying to explain.

Sad guess there was no way to save it short of coming up with $2500.00 . If the car was in my area I would have picked it up just for all the spare parts , as for the comments , hey put up the money and the car would be saved , it was the guys mothers wish the car be crushed , 2500 would have saved it , not much money .
Just sad as I hate seeing good solid cars scrapped , used to drive me crazy going to scrap yards and seeing cars in better shape there than some buckets o **** on the road , especially in the mid - late 70's with the gas crunch .

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back