1970 Dart Swinger emblems replacement on quarters

-

steve2724

Reaction score
I want to change the emblems on my 70 Swinger they are on quarter panel near side windows. I removed the side panels and can't see where they are attached. My hand barely fits.
Any tricks to remove the backs so they can come off to swap?

They just have push in studs into barrel clips...there is no nut or fastener...pry them off carefully...if the barrel clip stays on the stud make sure to put the barrel clip back in it's hole first

It is best to tap them out from behind. You can carefully pry them off but is a bit tricky not to chip the paint. Can be done though.

If you're talking 1970 you just need to remove the back seat then remove armrest window crank and back panel roll up the window and the nuts are right there

It is best to tap them out from behind. You can carefully pry them off but is a bit tricky not to chip the paint. Can be done though.
Yeah Id use a "plastic" tool or wrap a metal door panel tool in duct tape etc, but the plastic works better. scratches? if its clear coated wet sand with fine sandpaper and buff i think they call it color sanding, you can get away with it if its just clear, if it scratched down to primer its funked...

If you guys cars have nuts on them, they've already been messed with...that is not how the factory did it...

-
Back