1970 dodge dart 225 slant6 original engine what Carb rebuild Kit?

-

73dart360

Reaction score
I need a rebuild kit for the carb on my 1970 dart slant 6- 225 can someone tell me which one I need ?

Mike's Carburetor Parts on the web has a pretty comprehensive list. It's easier if you know the carb number, but you can find it by application by clicking on a kit and reading the full application list.

the Carb says Carter i know it is a single barrel the #`s i see on the carb are 6-1697 and 1976 should i just order a Carter rebuild for a 225 single

Neither of those numbers will help you -- the Carter carb ID number is on an aluminum tag affixed to the right or left front bowl screw. It might well be missing or broken off. Kit you need is such as a Walker № 15483A. I'd recommend going to Daytona Parts for it (under their own number -- ask for a kit for a Carter BBS 4956s); their kit has a better-designed inlet needle and seat. Unfortunately no kits any more come with the correct float gauge, you just get a useless paper-strip ruler. :-(

Carburetor operation and repair manuals and links to training movies and carb repair/modification threads are posted here for free download.

Neither of those numbers will help you -- the Carter carb ID number is on an aluminum tag affixed to the right or left front bowl screw. It might well be missing or broken off. Kit you need is such as a Walker № 15483A. I'd recommend going to Daytona Parts for it (under their own number -- ask for a kit for a Carter BBS 4956s); their kit has a better-designed inlet needle and seat. Unfortunately no kits any more come with the correct float gauge, you just get a useless paper-strip ruler. :-(

Carburetor operation and repair manuals and links to training movies and carb repair/modification threads are posted here for free download.
Dan thanks for the great INFO

Unfortunately no kits any more come with the correct float gauge, you just get a useless paper-strip ruler. :-(

Did they ever? Even 40-odd years ago I seem to recall the cardboard rulers for setting float.

Until a couple of years ago, what you got was a die-cut cardboard float gauge of the correct shape and dimensions. Now all you get is a simple strip of paper with ruler-markings on it—really not useful or usable.

-
Back