1970 Dodge Dart w/(73 dart rotors/5x4.5") Front wheel and tire size combo "?"

-

schultec14

Reaction score
Hi, I have a 1970 Dodge Dart Swinger 408 that I converted over to 1973 Dodge Dart Disc Brakes and now Has the larger lug pattern (5X4.5). I need to find a full set of rims and tires for this car, but I need some help with dimensioning for the front. It will remain stock ride height in the front, so there is no issues with lowering or rubbing there. I did have cragar fluted rims all the way around on it before; 15X7's 4" backspacng, with 205/60R15's on the front (any taller of a tire and it would have caught the front corner of the fender) and 225/60R15's on the back. I never liked how short the front tires were on this car (mostly due to the fact that I have headers and they used to scrape everywhere) , and I ended up taking them off and changed them back to body color steel rims that measure 15X6 and they have either 3.5 or 3.75" backspacing. On these steel rims I am running 215/70R15's all the way around, and the front tires to the front bottom fender lip are VERY close and may slightly rub once in a blue moon. (although with these, the headers do not scrape anywhere at all)
I want to find a 15X6 rim for the front that has 3.5-4" true backspacing, or a 15X7" rim that has 4.5"+ backspacing (preferrably a cragar ss or something close to that style), and possibly still be able to run a 215/65R15 or a 225/60R15 on the front. Does cragar make anything to those specs?? 16's would be cool too, if I could get the correct dimensions for rims and the same height and width tires...
Please Advise!
Thank you,
-ANTHONY

I'm running 225/60-15's on the front of my 71 with 15x7 rims with 4.25" of BS and the fit is great- no rubbing. My car is lowered a bit too. I want to say that my tires are 26.6 inches in diameter.

Attachments

• 100_0609.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 3,729
Ok, I'll see if i can try that combo on my car. Nice Car by the way! Anyone else with tire/rim combos that fit up front??

Go to Summit's website and search for wheels. Then start entering what you want for diameter, width and backspacing. You will several to choose from.

-
Back