-
Status
Not open for further replies.

ijg4503

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
Well Gents, I have decided to sell my beautiful 1970 340-4spd Duster. It has numbers matching engine and body. Original EK2 Vitamin "C" orange car. Here is the fender tag break down:

V6X- Black Longitudinal Stripes
V8X- Transverse Stripes black
Y05- Built to US specs
EN2- End of codes
EK2- Vitamin "C" orange
A62- Rallye dash
G33- Outside remote racing mirror
M21- Roof drip rail moldings
N41- w/o tips dual exhaust
R11- AM radio (2watts)
EK2- Vitamin "C" orange
L4T5-Low, vinyl bench seat & armrest, Saddle tan
FT6- Upper panel Saddle tan
622 049902- built 6/22/70
E55- 340ci 275hp 4bbl
D21- H/D 4-speed
VS29H0B392XXX

The car is an extremely clean driver. It could be shown, but isn't a trailer queen. I haven't been lucky enough to track down the broadcast sheet or original transmission. It has a 1972 4spd (PP8353986-023; 2-498327). The paint (Dupont base coat/clear coat) is in very good condition (about 5yrs old) and was just wet sanded and buffed. There are no bubbles or rust. The engine bay, radiator, transmission, rear axle housing and differential, gas tank, and driveshaft have all been recently restored. It has a freshly rebuilt 489 case and a 3:55 sure-grip (cone style). The chrome trim and bumpers are all in very good condition. I have the correct spare tire rim, but haven't bought a tire for it. The car has essentially been re-restored. I have attempted to get the car back to as original as I could by tracking down the hard to find correct used parts or by purchasing good reproduction or NOS parts. You must see it to appreciate it.

The car has too many new parts (B/E&A, Year One, Dante's, Brewer's) to mention in the posting, but I will list a lot of them below. I have complete excel spreadsheet of all the new parts that I have installed if someone is interested in reviewing it.

Here is a summary:
It has new tires all around (BFG Radial T/A P205 70R14 93S on the front and wider BFG Radial T/A P245 60R14 98S on the rear). The rear tires are mounted Specialty Wheels Ltd wider rims. The original rear rallye wheels are included in the sale. New BE/A small bold pattern A-body centers. The interior is all new Legendary and BE&A parts (carpet/headliner/seat covers, chrome trim, seat belts, seat hinge covers, etc.). The previous owner changed the interior from Saddle Tan to Black for cosmetic reasons. The underside of the dash has been restored with new gaskets (heaterbox, vents, wiring, insulation, boots, etc.). New repro. Grant Tuff wheel and hard to find OE spacer. The original 3 spoke steering wheel is included in the sale. New woodgrain rallye dash bezel with LEDs for better illumination. All gages work and include an NOS tachometer. Rebuilt/restored (Wards Radio Repair) correct Thumbdial AM radio with MP3 aux. jack and new speaker so that you can listen to any MP3 player. The trunk is very clean with no rust and includes a new rubber mat and the correct tire hold down, jack, lug wrench, etc. The taillights have been restored and have new gaskets. I tracked down the hard to find 1970 taillight housing covers (1 used, 1 NOS). New OE style stainless steel exhaust tips. The hard to find front sway bar is there. New car cover that I have never used. New fan shroud, left side exhaust manifold heatshield, washer bottle & hardware, Yellow cap dry cell battery, fan shroud, all hoses and original style clamps, heater hose bracket, choke, thermostat, battery cables, transmission safety lock out harness, tach harness, grille hardware, door handles inside and out, gas cap, Schumacher motor mounts, heavy duty clutch, metallic disc, pressure plate, throwout bearing, clutch fork, clutch adjustment rod, resurfaced flywheel, inspection cover, Z-bar rebuild kit, steering coupler rebuild kit, bright Sylvania Silverstar headlights, fender decals and underhood decals, etc.

The underside of the car is very clean. The previous owner rebuilt the front suspension and I rebuilt the rear with Energy Suspension bushings. A lot of parts were sandblasted and I used a lot of Eastwood and SEM paints to get the correct colors for under the hood and suspension.

Please send me a PM or email for more pics or any questions. I have a lot of money invested in this car. There aren't too many real H code 1970 Dusters out there in this condition. I am asking $29,000 or best offer. Please serious inquiries only. I have a well respected A-Bodies Gold member on call if you need another opinion of the quality of the car.

Thanks for your interest. Thank you A-Bodies Only for your website!

Jason Galaske
770-990-8529
[email protected]

100_0911-1.JPG

100_0914.JPG

100_0917.JPG

101_0127-1.JPG

101_0201.JPG

P1010385.JPG

P1010414.JPG

P1010386.JPG

101_0419.JPG

P1010417.JPG

Hey Guys, Just a quick word for Jasons car. I have been involved a little in this car ,and this car is really nice. Its the best ,super nice driver I've ever seen. This car needs nothing...except a good home. If any one has any questions... I'll be happy to help.

Thanks all! Bubba

It's just a bad time to sell a car. It doesn't matter how nice it is or the price. I just don't think anyone has extra money layin around for a toy. It is a great lokking car.

The car is extremely clean, but for the money being asked, 1968 - 1971 340 factory cars are completely restored, every nut and bolt level of detail, to an original presentation. So for this car, it should present exactly like a brand new 1970 340 Duster, right off the showroom floor, UNLESS you find a buyer who completely falls in love with all the changes you made, and MUST have your car.
The highest bid cars are the factory original - rare examples.

As an example, at Chryslers @ Carlisle in July, there were several 1968 - 70 340 Darts, Duster and Demons that presented as factory originals, matching numbers drivetrain, all ownership history of the cars fully documented, and nicely restored. Asking prices were in the $15 - 18K range and even those cars DID NOT sell.

With all the labor of luv and $$$ placed in this car, it might be best to keep it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back