1970 duster door glass is loose

-

travism

Reaction score
hello, I have a 1970 duster and my drivers side door glass has a lot of play in it. it rolls up and down fine, anyone have any ideas? thanks

hello, I have a 1970 duster and my drivers side door glass has a lot of play in it. it rolls up and down fine, anyone have any ideas? thanks

Hmm..my pass. side does that any help guys/gals??..

My driver side glass would rattle and was loose with in/out play in the down position.

A set of used door whiskers fixed the problem.

Yep as 6pk2goDemon said, the whiskers make a big difference.
Worn rollers can add to it by letting the bottom of the glass move around.

One thing I would mention also, is that my glass kind of slopped around a little when they were down and they rattled on bumps and such.
A slight crimp toward the bottoms of the vertical tracks to keep the glass from getting down below the whiskers helped that a ton in stabilizing that.

Ok next.
Under that trim at the top of the door panels is an adjustable piece that used to have felt on them, and those are to help stabilize the glass not only when up or down but in all positions.
Make sure the felt is there and that those are adjusted up against the glass.
If the felt is gone go buy some from an upholstery shop and contact cement them on the metal tabs.

Mine comes up slightly crooked I have to pull it so it comes up straight:(:(

Mine comes up slightly crooked I have to pull it so it comes up straight:(:(
Mine has been just like that for years. I’ve tried adjusting/tweaking things at least half a dozen times. Still no luck. I learned to live with it.

Yea, it seems like it would if it was thick enough to not risk the metal contacting the glass.

Right you are TB. I built mine up with little blocks of dense foam; actually some of the airbox to cowl gasket material I had to spare. Stuck it all down with Super77. Worked perfectly.

I probably have some good pictures at home on the laptop, but my drunk *** is sitting in Cancun this week.

Right you are TB. I built mine up with little blocks of dense foam; actually some of the airbox to cowl gasket material I had to spare. Stuck it all down with Super77. Worked perfectly.

I probably have some good pictures at home on the laptop, but my drunk *** is sitting in Cancun this week.

And you are on here doing this???
Sick puppy I tell you.:D

I have the same problem on drivers side. I took it apart last fall and there is a "tube" that runs vertical. At the top of that tube was a bolt with a LoT of slop, as if there was a bushing something missing. It seemed to be the source of my problem. I can't find so much as a picture of the assembly online. Anybody know anything about it? This may be Travism's problem too.

I have the same problem on drivers side. I took it apart last fall and there is a "tube" that runs vertical. At the top of that tube was a bolt with a LoT of slop, as if there was a bushing something missing. It seemed to be the source of my problem. I can't find so much as a picture of the assembly online. Anybody know anything about it? This may be Travism's problem too.

You mean like a window track guide roller?

Possibly, but it doesn't have a roller. It's just a round vertical stationary tube. It seems to guide the window into place. If I remember right (this is all from memory), it only runs on felt pads. I'll have to take a pic when the snow melts.

-
Back