1970 Duster emblems - what is correct?

-

pauly

MOPAR or no car!
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have a 1970 duster that I am givng new life to. I am curious what badging is supposed to be on these? I'm guessing PLYMOUTH on the hood and have seen V8 and VALIANT badges on the fenders, along with a Duster 340 sticker under the VALIANT badge?

This car started life as a /6 car but will have 340 in it, so I thought I would at least make it look like a 1970 Duster 340.

Pictures would be great!

Thanks!

Pauly

Thanks for the help! Is the emblem on the front fender the VALIANT one? Right above the Duster 340 emblem?

The rear Plymouth emblem looks really small!

On 340 dusters i am quite sure (not 100%) that there were no V8 badges on the front fenders ahead of the wheels.

On 340 dusters i am quite sure (not 100%) that there were no V8 badges on the front fenders ahead of the wheels.

It's a bit hard to tell from this photo, but mine had "V-Eight" badges ahead of the wheels and "Valiant" badges behind the wheels when I got it.

Attachments

• Duster 2.jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 371
Just trying to figure it all out. PO bondoed over all the badge holes!!! I did run into a previous owner of my car the other day! Traded me an unsilenced air cleaner and a set of headers for the car for an early 90's truck door and a divorced transfer case!

This is on the fender of my 70

DSCF0034.jpg

-
Back