1970 Duster emergency flasher

-

Bills70

Reaction score
while installing my steering column I noticed a empty plug with two pink wires and one red wire going to it and I looked on my wiring diagram and it appears that is it for the emergency flasher, I could not find one under the dash, so I got one with a bracket and plugged it into wiring. (My question is, where does it attach to dash or does it attach to column?) a picture would really help! looks like one screw holds it in place.

DSC00048.JPG

while installing my steering column I noticed a empty plug with two pink wires and one red wire going to it and I looked on my wiring diagram and it appears that is it for the hazard flasher, I could not find one under the dash, so I got one with a bracket and plugged it into wiring. (My question is, where does it attach to dash or does it attach to column?) a picture would really help! looks like one screw holds it in place.

View attachment 1715146288
as you can see on Diagram pink, pink and red wire says hazard flasher! I know I said emergency flasher but isn't that the same thing?

I took a look, found a flasher but wasn't mounted, don't know if it's turn signal, it was located a little more towards the center of the car than steering column center. Not sure what the notch/indent is around the ash tray backing, looks to be close to the size for the flasher body. Good luck, sorry if no help.

IMG_3585.jpg

IMG_3584 (1).jpg

I took a look, found a flasher but wasn't mounted, don't know if it's turn signal, it was located a little more towards the center of the car than steering column center. Not sure what the notch/indent is around the ash tray backing, looks to be close to the size for the flasher body. Good luck, sorry if no help.

View attachment 1715146389

View attachment 1715146390
here is a picture of mine. it is just above park brake lever and beside fuse box!

DSC00052.JPG

I found mine, square now and stuck into a plastic loop holder that is mounted to dash metal on left side of steering column. Tough to get pics, hopefully you can see how mine is.

IMG_3593.jpg

IMG_3594.jpg

IMG_3595.jpg

Might be broken off or removed, mine is a little flimsy. I don't know if original flasher was round or not? Good luck.

-
Back