1970 Duster Gas Tank Question

-

A340

Reaction score
Looking to replace the gas tank on my 70 Duster 340. The tank on the car now has the 4 vent tubes and 3 of them are blocked off. One vent has an open hose but not connected to anything. There is a small vent tube in the trunk that runs along the filler neck and into the trunk pan but it too is not connected to anything. Do I need a gas tank with a vent tube? I ordered a tank and it arrived today and it has no vent tubes (#CR11C). Do I have the wrong tank? Can I use this tank on my Duster with no problems? The car has no emissions equipment on it. Will the stock gas cap affect the venting? If the tank I received is correct what do I do with the small tube along the filler neck?

Thanks in advanced.

The new tank I am gonna install only has the 1 vent, running to the trunk pan. That vent actually goes through the trunk pan at the rubber boot, and vents into the frame. I would assume if you don't have any emissions equipment still on the car, and this being so old of a vehicle, that the only vent you would need would be the one through the trunk pan.

-
Back