1970 Duster Hood Question

-

CoronetRTguy

Reaction score
I wanted to ask what year hoods will interchange with the 70 Duster?

I'm thinking 70 and 71 are the same and then 72-74 are the same. I'm looking around for an original hood for when and if I get this 70 Duster 340 clone. I only say "if" because I dont want to jinx it.

I did find a 340 block last night, will update in my 340 Clone thread.

Thanks everyone.

70-72 Duster/Scamp hoops are the same. A "facelift" was done in 73 but the fender lights (ones the side) were done in 72.

70-72 Duster/Scamp hoops are the same. A "facelift" was done in 73 but the fender lights (ones the side) were done in 72.

Thank you. I think this guy aslo has some hoods I will ask later. I also found a guy on ebay selling A,B,E body cars parts and a few others as well. He is local to me.

I like the scoop so far on the hood from the pics I see but I like to have an original flat hood as well.

There are quite a few scoops that could be bolted on the hood, which one is it (post a picture or link). Also, see if its an a Feather Duster hood, this will help reduce the weight of the car (that or buy a fiberglass hood for AAR Fiberglass). If he has the Feather Duster trunk as well, buy that too and save even more weight off the car.

There are quite a few scoops that could be bolted on the hood, which one is it (post a picture or link). Also, see if its an a Feather Duster hood, this will help reduce the weight of the car (that or buy a fiberglass hood for AAR Fiberglass). If he has the Feather Duster trunk as well, buy that too and save even more weight off the car.

Thanks didn't know about the feather Duster being leighter. The hood scoop looks like a 69 six pack scoop and its molded into the steel hood and then painted. I dont know how good of a job was done I'm sure it has some problems and I can live with it for now. I just want options to look original and one for the hot rod look.

dusterfront1.jpg

1969 valiant hood is also the same as 70 to 72 duster, scamp

Saves the day on that, totally forgot about the valiant having the same hood!

Also the six pack scoop is a nice looking scoop. If the hood is to beat up you can get that entire hood with scoop from AAR Fiberglass.

For me, I'd go with either a Six pack scoop, dual hood scoop (the ones found on the Twister Dusters) or a Shaker setup only.

Thanks for that info as well, I need to look at pics of the hood. I like how much is interchangable in the years of the Duster that is very nice for body panels. My Coronet it was a 70 and very hard to find parts.

Saves the day on that, totally forgot about the valiant having the same hood!

Also the six pack scoop is a nice looking scoop. If the hood is to beat up you can get that entire hood with scoop from AAR Fiberglass.

For me, I'd go with either a Six pack scoop, dual hood scoop (the ones found on the Twister Dusters) or a Shaker setup only.

I need to look them up, I never thought about a shaker setup now that would look interesting.

I will still get a flat hood to do a stock looking car but I have a hot rod bug that this car will fill the bill for.

I like the scope on it now it looks really good I think on the car and I also like the T/A style hood scoops.

How is the fit and finish on the fiberglass hoods from AAR?

Best fitting fiberglass hoods you'll find for your cars

-
Back