1970 duster hood scoop help

-

dusterfanatic

The 340 Hammer
Reaction score
hey i wanted to buy the 1970 superbee double shot gun hood scoops for my 1970 duster, at least i call them shot gun hs anyway i was looking on the bottem of my hood and there are alot of bars going accross and i was wondering is it ok for me to make the hood scoops functional

If you had to cut out peices of the bracers to make the hood scoops functional, obviously, you would be sacrificing support, the only other downside is it might be hard to make it a clean look from underneath. And for the functionality part, I would only do that if you made a ram-air type setup. With hoses, or some type of plenum, running straight DOWN inside the carburetor. If you just cut holes in the hood, and mount the scoops, the air can actually enter the engine bay with speed, and flow horizontal through the air filter, causing it to want to pass over the carburetor, which can restrict air flow. For this being a noticable effect, I am not for sure.

thanks i was thinking of going with just the holes im going to look into the ram air it just sounds smarter

-
Back