1970 Duster - Matching Numbers 340 - RED!

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

1971B7340

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I have a 1970 Duster 340 all matching numbers car I need to sell as well. It is factory Red, disc brakes, 340, 727 auto, 8 3/4 rear, ralley gauges, tach (original but not to the build sheet), black bench seat interior, factory relley wheels with new tires, and comes with the sheet metal from Year One (lower quarters and front floor pan) to fix the car.

It is completely apart on a new rotisserie (Auto-Twirler Plus). Many new parts included, gas tank, weather seals, stainless brake lines, drilled and slotted rotors, tubular A arms, and much more. The car was running when taken apart but I just do not have the time to restore it.

Also includes another 1970 Duster parts car.

Asking $6900 for everything. Have title, 2 build sheets, and fender tag. Will reduce price if you do not want the rotisserie.

Did I mention it is RED!

Mike:cheers:
770-893-8881
[email protected]
location is North Georgia

I'll try to get some pictures on here later today if anyone is interested.

Mike

I'm interested so please post some pictures of the car. Please include close up pix of the problem areas and the VIN that is stamped on the engine and the trans.
Does the car also need interior pieces? What color is the interior?
Does it have any options; Power steering/brakes/A/C etc?
I have no idea how to get your car up to CT though seeing as how it is completely disassembled.
How negotiable are you on that price? PM me if need be.

George

I will get some pictures and send them to you later today. Yes, the interior would need redone and it is black. The options were, 340, 727 automatic, disc brakes, side and rear black stripes, AM radio, Rally Wheels, Rally Gauges. Plus I have a parts car that goes with it too. The Rotisserie is brand new from Auto Twirler with all of the extras. Email me and I will email you the pictures tonight.

Mike
[email protected]
770-893-8881

All 1970 Plymouth Duster 340s came with factory disc brakes as part of standard equipment.

Transverse stripes on the rear tail light panel and side longitudinal stripes were also standard equipment from the factory, but Duster 340s could be special factory ordered with the stripe delete option.

Rallye road wheels and the rallye dash gauge package with full instrumentation (Tachometer was the only factory optional gauge) were also included as standard equipment for all 1970 Duster 340s.

The base MSRP for the 1970 Plymouth Duster 340 was $2,549.

Disc brakes became a factory option on the 1971 Duster 340, coded B41 without power assist on the fender tag and broadcast sheet, available for $32.05.

Just sold a 1971 Duster 340 that I bought from the original owner. It did not have disc brakes and it was just bought new off of the lot and was not ordered without disc brakes.

Loved that B7 1971 Duster 340 you had.

The only explanation I can think of as far as the changes in standard equipment levels when comparing the 1970 Duster 340 versus the 1971 Duster 340, is that Chrysler Plymouth was attempting to get their foot in that Chevy Nova SS market in 1970, thus the 1970 Duster 340 was sold with manual disc brakes as standard equipment, for the whopping price of $2,549!

The 1971 Duster 340 by contrast had front drums as standard equipment, for the base price of $2,703. The 1971 car of course did include the new ThermoQuad carb and late in the year, included electronic ignition.

BTW I saw that the 1971 B7 car you sold at the Turkey Run, now located on a New England dealers website for upper 20s.

The Mopar market is a bit down right now, as is the economy, especially housing and energy. Barrett-Jackson in January 2008 had some low prices on very desirable, over-restored big block Mopar muscle...

not sure about all 1970 dusters came with disc brakes cause im restoring a 340 70 duster and it has drums.i parted out a 70 340 duster and it had a disc brake set up on it but i thought it was an added option

My '70 Duster 340 came through w/ the Kelsey Hayes front power discs ... I don't know if it was an option or not ...

Kenny

not sure about all 1970 dusters came with disc brakes cause im restoring a 340 70 duster and it has drums.i parted out a 70 340 duster and it had a disc brake set up on it but i thought it was an added option

I am including a link to the actual 1970 Chrysler Corp.saleman pocket guide that confirms that manual disc brakes were standard factory equipment on the 1970 Dodge Dart 340 Swinger, coded as B41 on the broadcast sheet and the fender tag, as well as the invoice sent by Chrysler to the dealership.

http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/images/dealerships/SalesmansPocketGuides/1970/70_Dart0002.jpg

All 1970 Duster 340s had manual disc brakes as standard factory equipment.
The price for a base 1970 Duster 340 was MSRP $2,549.

Here is the 1970 Rapid Transit System(RTS) magazine advertisement with the 1970 Duster 340 text showing that manual front disc brakes were factory standard equipment (Read the text- disc brakes are stated in the sentence that ends "....all standard."):

http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/images/vintage-advertising/1970RTSBrochure/70_rts_page9.jpg

Also, you read the remainder of the RTS pages in the advertisement, which includes a complete breakdown listing of the way that the RTS cars were equipped and the Duster 340 specs are also included there.

http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/images/vintage-advertising/1970RTSBrochure/70_rts_page15.jpg

The 1971 Duster 340 went up in price, and dropped the manual disc brakes as standard equipment, reverting to 10" drums as factory standard equipment.

From 1968 to 1972, my brother was a saleman at one of the largest Chrysler-Plymouth-Dodge dealerships in the Mid-Atlantic, Bob Banning Chrysler-Plymouth-Dodge - home of the 'Bounty Hunters' race cars - and I will attempt to dig up some of the 1970 Chrysler factory specsheets for the 1970 Duster 340, and magazine advertisements for the 1970 Duster 340.
Bob Banning's NHRA Bounty Hunter race cars were very well-known and very successful on the NHRA race circuit through the early 1980s.

If you Google the 1970 Plymouth Duster 340 advertisements, you will find the original specs and magazine advertising spreads, for the 1970 Plymouth Duster 340. The Moparts website and the Allpar website had these materials or links to other sites where these images are stored.

I still have my original 1970 dealership Bill of Sale for my 1970 Duster 340, which I believe shows the options and the final price for the car.

Factory original 1970 Duster 340 have the VIN ===> VS29H0BXXXXXX.

No factory original front drum brake 1970 Plymouth Duster 340s were built.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back