1970 Duster Rear Seat different than a 1972?

-

Ehbody

Reaction score
Hello...I've tryed 2 rear seat bottoms in my 1970...neither one goes close enough to the floor. There must be a 2-3" gap from the floor to the bottom of the seat bracket....(could store things under there!). You can easily see the "catch" (on the floor)where the seat snaps into. Do duster rear seats have different frame heights depending on the year? Thanks, Dan

are you sure you are puttin it in correctly? i may be speakin out of turn since i hav only wored with the back seat of my 70 dart but i gotta assume theyr similar. there should be 2 hook-looking things mounted to the floorboard an like 2 peices of frame on the seat slide into ti then are pushed forward by the seat back. the seat back needs to be hung first. sometimes could takes some huffing and puffing to get it in

again, i could be very wrong, but i dont think they would change that between 70-72, even between duster and dart. hope i could help

The seat is snapped in place properly...fits perfect except the frame isn't close enough to the floor.

I suspect there are differences; although I don't know for sure. The rear seat in my 72 Vailant doesn't line up with the floor "hold downs." They are in line front to rear but out of line by a few inches side to side. I was thinking the rear seat might be from a Duster.

-
Back