1970 duster shifter knob

-

Toqwik

Reaction score
My 70 duster 4 speed has a Hurst t handle shifter. I love the old t handle but does anyone have a picture of what the original shifter knob looks like? Thanks in advance for your reply.

Not very sexy is it. Were the factory options on this it was this the only knob you could get?
4 speed shifters got the plastic wood grain knob. Period. If you are truly restoring your car, this is correct.
The repros are close, but not exact duplicates of the originals, but acceptable in the Mopar world.

This is a NOS one, Repops are not close, I have Both. And I disagree that they are acceptable in the Mopar word. It's a repop and looks like a repop

77FD68DF-6101-4830-9779-F51C99490527.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies, that’s exactly what I needed to know. I want to do this car as right as I possibly can.

I keep this picture on my hard drive. I think it belongs to someone here on this site, but it's a good reference picture showing the differences.

Woodgrain Knobs.jpg

This is what I know about it......I have a '70 Duster 340 4 speed. The dealer brochure shows a black knob with white letters for the standard 3 speed. The 4 speed was optional for the Duster 340. My car had a pistol grip in it when I got it. It was put in by previous owner around 1973. The previous owner told me it had the black knob when he bought it. I have removed the pistol grip and returned to the black knob shifter.

This is what I know about it......I have a '70 Duster 340 4 speed. The dealer brochure shows a black knob with white letters for the standard 3 speed. The 4 speed was optional for the Duster 340. My car had a pistol grip in it when I got it. It was put in by previous owner around 1973. The previous owner told me it had the black knob when he bought it. I have removed the pistol grip and returned to the black knob shifter.

With Chrysler, I would not rule out any of the discrepancies stories. There were a lot of assembly errors that got by the final inspectors.

-
Back