1970 Duster starter

-

Bills70

Reaction score
I am installing my TTI headers and I am having problems installing my stock starter back in the car with the header on the engine. Is there a mini starter out there that will work or am I stuck with having to remove header every time I need to replace starter?

Just one of the reasons headers suck on the street.

With my '70 Duster with a 440 & CPPA headers, I had to pull the transmission to replace the starter.

Just one of the reasons headers suck on the street.

With my '70 Duster with a 440 & CPPA headers, I had to pull the transmission to replace the starter.
this might be why I have always owned a Chevy! I should be able to just lower header to use stock starter, but I will buy a mini starter to see if it works!

The instructions say you can use stock or Mini. With all TTI's I've installed I used a Mini.
the only way I can see to be able to use stock starter would be to install starter first, then the header! I have tried to put the stock starter in with header in place and there ain't no way it will slide thru there! Period! I went ahead and ordered the one from Ebay! thanks for info! Bill

Mini starter will slide right in. Junk yard is full of them but make sure you get the plug for the solenoid along with the starter.

Mini starter will slide right in. Junk yard is full of them but make sure you get the plug for the solenoid along with the starter.
what year car and engine combo am I looking for? not many junk yards around me! (late model 360 truck?)

A v6 or v8 rear wheel drive dodge from the late 80s or 90s will have the starter you need. Vans, rams, Dakotas, jeeps, durangos, etc are what your after. Or just get one from an auto parts store that's new or rebuilt.

-
Back