1970 Duster Windshield

-

awohlers

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Where do you guys get your glass from? I am in SoCal and have been having a hell of a time getting a windshield for my 70 duster. Thanks in advance!

Hi Everyone,

Where do you guys get your glass from? I am in SoCal and have been having a hell of a time getting a windshield for my 70 duster. Thanks in advance!
Most any auto glass companys can order it for you in a couple days (it`s gonna be overseas glass but its ok about $125-$160). Make sure you get the gasket and lock strip too.

Classic industries has the gasket and lock strip. Safelite can get the windshield but wants me to bring the car in and won't come to me. Local glass shop can't get it and one 40 miles away wants $600 for glass alone. There is a big MOPAR show in LA this week, maybe I'll get lucky and find one there.

Classic industries has the gasket and lock strip. Safelite can get the windshield but wants me to bring the car in and won't come to me. Local glass shop can't get it and one 40 miles away wants $600 for glass alone. There is a big MOPAR show in LA this week, maybe I'll get lucky and find one there.
Go to a local car show or stop into a body shop that you know that restores classic cars and ask some of the guys, one of them will tell you who to use to order the glass. No way you should have to pay over $200! Someone local will help you out.

I have one from a 71 Duster A/C car I hope to be at Spring Fling

Most any auto glass companys can order it for you in a couple days (it`s gonna be overseas glass but its ok about $125-$160). Make sure you get the gasket and lock strip too.
First I've heard of a lock strip, got picture to share?

+ Click To Enlarge

Prev
Next

MA9808 - 1970-76 Mopar A-Body Black Windshield / Rear Window Lock Strip
Factory-style replacement windshield / rear window lock strip for various 1970-76 Mopar A-Body models. Mounts to the windshield or rear window glass and helps secure the window molding to the glass.

Applications:

• 1970-76 Dart
  • 1973-76 Dart Sport
  • 1970-76 Scamp
  • 1970-76 Dart Swinger
  • 1970-76 Duster 2 door hardtop
  • 1971-72 Demon

ry-style replacement windshield / rear window lock strip for various 1970-76 Mopar A-Body models. Mounts to the windshield or rear window glass and helps secure the window molding to the glass.

Applications:

• 1970-76 Dart
  • 1973-76 Dart Sport
  • 1970-76 Scamp
  • 1970-76 Dart Swinger
  • 1970-76 Duster 2 door hardtop
  • 1971-72 Demon
[/QUOTE]
RIB, Many thanks, I'd never heard of one much less seen one. I know my Dart didn't have any when the windshield & back window came out. But then it didn't have a lot a lot of things! :steering:

-
Back