1970 duster

-

Bills70

Reaction score
while I was under dash I noticed this molded rubber hose that looks to have been cut off. Can any one tell me what it for and where it goes to? it is located strait up from emergency brake lever!

100_0956.JPG

100_0957.JPG

100_0958.JPG

I would not know if the car came with that option! when I bought the car it was already taken apart and the guy I bought it from has since passed away along with the guy who owned it before him! I will look page by page in my service manual, maybe the answer is there! thanks
Could be the windshield washer hose if you have the foot operated washer.

I want to thank everyone for there reply's on this and I have found out, that is exactly what it was for. foot operated pump!

I'm doing away with the one on my 74 Duster. I bought the right tank and the electric pump and just waiting for the weather to break to finish the wiring.

I am going to do the same! ordered everything today from YearOne, but had to get Washer Jar from Classic industries, year one do not carry the one with electric motor any more! I still need to buy a starter switch "push button"!
I'm doing away with the one on my 74 Duster. I bought the right tank and the electric pump and just waiting for the weather to break to finish the wiring.

I'm not sure yet, but I have a 2 speed wiper and can push the wiper switch in which leads me to believe that the ability for that switch to work the washer is there already. As I said previously I'm waiting for some warm weather to check this further. We're expecting snow again Sat. so everything is on hold still.

I'm not sure yet, but I have a 2 speed wiper and can push the wiper switch in which leads me to believe that the ability for that switch to work the washer is there already. As I said previously I'm waiting for some warm weather to check this further. We're expecting snow again Sat. so everything is on hold still.
my button pushes in also, I will have to check that out. I do not have to wait, my cars are in a heated garage along with two lifts. I just finished putting on door panels and back panels. if I get to the wiper washer and switch I will let you know if it works when you push switch in. I have to install steering column next then on to heater box, then the carpet and much more! I hope to have it done buy spring time.

100_0914.JPG

DSC00441.JPG

DSC00004.JPG

Lucky you to have a nice setup like that. Sure makes working on everything so much easier. I have an eight foot wide door and when I pull the truck in I have to pull both mirrors in.

So are you going to dye your green interior black? I am assuming that car was green at one time.

So are you going to dye your green interior black? I am assuming that car was green at one time.
that is original interior that is in excellent shape for the year and I doubt that I change it. the car was Citron Mist originally and I do not mind the green and if I was to get tired of it I would just buy new black interior for it. here are some pics of car they day I picked it up

1970 DUSTER 2010 008.jpg

1970 DUSTER 2010 009.jpg

1970 DUSTER 2010 003.jpg

Your wife didn't look to happy with your find. I've been there so I know the feeling.

This is why i am single i can buy whatever i like guilt free and no explanation required. lol. I love my duster, nicest car i have ever owned.

Your wife didn't look to happy with your find. I've been there so I know the feeling.
She (Tamara) is not my wife but the wife of the guy (Mark)I bought the car from. I was hoping to get car done to show it to him but he passed away last month! I took the car in to have it painted right from there drive way that day and they "Tecmaster in Toledo" which have painted a couple of vehicles for me said about 6 weeks to have er done, I did not get car back untill late spring of 2017 I was beyond Pissed off! they kept telling this year, this year, and I kept believing them!

This is why i am single i can buy whatever i like guilt free and no explanation required. lol. I love my duster, nicest car i have ever owned.
I most have a great wife then! I think she like my cars as much as I do, well maybe not quite as much! we have been married since 1977!

I went to www.mymopar.com and they have duster wiring dia. looks like there is a "brown" wire that runs from switch, directly to washer motor!

I see your from Sask Canada! I always wanted to go there to Deer hunt but always seem to be out of $ "cars"
Not cheap to hunt here either, if you go up north and get a guide etc. Lots of trophy Deer and moose up here.

I think I checked the block on the firewall and didn't see the wire that would feed the pump there. I would just run a wire from the switch thru the fire wall block where the wire was supposed come thru. sorry wrong post.
I guess that Lady was glad to get rid of the car then.

Not cheap to hunt here either, if you go up north and get a guide etc. Lots of trophy Deer and moose up here.
I think I checked the block on the firewall and didn't see the wire that would feed the pump there. I would just run a wire from the switch thru the fire wall block where the wire was supposed come thru. sorry wrong post.
I would put a wire on switch first and push it in to see if you have power first, them just run the wire thru fire wall straight to pump
yea I know that for sure and I am not going to sell a car to shoot a big

deer or moose. I have about 20 or so behind the house every night, just not as big or a trophy buck like you all have. the one down here do not cost me much, $15.00 license.

-
Back