1970 Duster

-

Bills70

Reaction score
my question's is, did any 1970 Duster's come with the 6 pac hood and if so did they have hinge's or not? also if they did not where did my hood come from, after-market or off a different model? what?

DSC00256.JPG

Not an option for the Duster from the factory. Only the A12 'Bees and 'Birds had the 6 pack hood. Yours is aftermarket for sure.

Not an option for the Duster from the factory. Only the A12 'Bees and 'Birds had the 6 pack hood. Yours is aftermarket for sure.
thanks for the info! I was asked that question at a car show but did not have an answer! I do now!

Dusters are so sexy with the stock hood that they did not ever need scoops. :)

I personally don't like flat hoods on any performance cars. 6 pack hoods are my favorite. Got one on my 68 Sat. I added a dual snorkle scoop to my 72 Duster. My 71 and 73 RRs have their factory hoods. The scoop really toughened up the look of the duster, which otherwise looked kind of wimpy compared to my B bodies.

Opinions are opinions.

Mine is a lot different than yours, but I will not hit you with a 'disagree' the way you did to me. :)

I seem to recall the 6 Pack hood I bought for my ‘70 from AAR Fiberglass (but no longer have), was branded such on the underside structure. Anything there?

Opinions are opinions.

Mine is a lot different than yours, but I will not hit you with a 'disagree' the way you did to me. :)
My opinion is that stock flat hoods on Dusters are not sexy, but bland looking instead. My checking the "disagree" box is meant as no disrespect to your tastes but simply that I "disagree". :)

-
Back