Reaction score
After a long, long search......i finally have a project car to work on:

1970 Plymouth Duster
440 V8 (1968)
727 trans
8-3/4" rear

I'm in Indiana, just outside of Chicago

After popping a valve cover, I found I have the 906 heads

The previous owner installed a Weiand 7512 x-cellerator manifold, which seems to get good reviews

The rear end has the smaller 741 case with 3.23 gears, but when I bought the car I found a set of 4.30s under the seats

I have the 26" wide radiator with the 7 blade fan......might need a better radiator eventually

I need to gut the fuel system and drop the tank, remove the entire ignition system, go over the brakes, re-do the exhaust and completely overhaul the interior

A lot had been done, but alot more needs to be done

I plan on a full MSD ignition, already bought a 6AL box with NGK plugs

Also just bought a rebuilt, tuned 4150 carb

The car has nice headers, but they will be removed and ceramic coated.

Pics coming....

The huge stock starter was cooked, so I bought a $20 reman for 91-95 Dakotas

20181109_190723.jpg

20181109_190707.jpg

Hey! I was looking at the car on CL. I thought it would be a blast to own, and was giving it some thought..... Glad you bought it!

Hey! I was looking at the car on CL. I thought it would be a blast to own, and was giving it some thought..... Glad you bought it!

With it being my first project car, I was hesitant

It was a good price (n my opinion) was under 2 hours away, was pretty clean and complete.....and had an Illinois title

With it being my first project car, I was hesitant

It was a good price (n my opinion) was under 2 hours away, was pretty clean and complete.....and had an Illinois title
yeah, it was a little over 2 hrs from me. I looked at it several times in the pictures. Wondered how solid the underneath was..... It looked like a ball of fun to me

The paint job isn't good, but it will work

the car is extremely solid

All the glass is in tact also

That's an awesome score. The nice thing is having the hard work already done. After you straighten out all the things you need to, you'll have a great car to really enjoy. Again, awesome score. I like the color too.

Great car! Might want to think about new leaf springs too. Those rear shackles are LONG!!

I tore the back seat out today, hoping to find the build sheet.......no luck

Haha yes, those rear shackles are long

I like the look of of, raised up the rear for a drag car look to clear larger tires

The bolt spacing is the smaller 5x4, but it will work for my needs.......just limits wheel choices, but still plenty of options out there

When I add an electric fuel pump, what happens to the mechanical pump?

Isn't on the block near the water pump? Leave it or is there a way to delete it?

The block off plate arrived, along with a large box of goodies from MSD

Nice score.... If those are SBP slots on the back and you want to sell them send me a PM....

JW

-
Back