Status
Not open for further replies.

LXguy

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Contact seller
Hey All:

I have always wanted one of these cars, but things are going so well with the Dart that I can't imagine starting over again. I bought this to turn into a race car, but its probably too nice for that, and again, the Dart is going well.

Anyways, 1970 Plymouth Satellite Sport. Originally a 318 904 car, swapped at some point to a 400/727. 8-3/4 with highway gears, not posi. headers, Hpipe, and dumps.

Front disk, rear drum. Manual brakes, but was power at some point. Odometer shows 84K. No idea if that is legit. Column shift, bucket seats (covers front and rear are in nice driver shape.

I bought the car because the body was so solid. Fenderlips are all there, floors are solid like new. Unibody structure is all there and pretty much just like the day it rolled off of the showroom floor. Torsion bar support solid and like new. Floors the same. Doors and rockers are solid. Very very very solid car. You don't find them like this in the midwest. There is a crack in the trunk about 4" long (not all the way through) , but other than that no holes and everything is very very solid.

Car does run and drive. I haven't driven it enough to feel comfortable saying you could drive it a long distance though. I have tooled around town in it and it is fun and gets lots of looks. 2bbl carb leaves something to be desired in terms of go pedal though.

Someone did put a CD player in the dash, and the wiring on that leaves something to be desired. It appears the ammeter has been bypassed also. Turn signals and wipers do not work, but headlights, brights, and brake lights do. Headliner is ok, but the rear sections by the package tray need to be redone, or at least reinstalled.

I am taking this car to Monster Mopar next weekend.

I have $7800 in this car and would like to break even on the deal.

For the guy who wants a race car, or a very solid platform to build on, or someone who wants something they can drive and enjoy while they restore, this would be an awesome car. Not a show car. Not a new car, and priced accordingly.

SAM_0617.jpg

SAM_0623.jpg

SAM_0647.jpg

SAM_0625.jpg

SAM_0613.jpg

Lots more pics here:

http://s325.photobucket.com/albums/k381/smoberley/Satellite/?start=0

Truely tempting...................If it survives MMW, maybe it's meant to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back