1970 Roadrunner (craigslist, Oklahoma city) Just posting for fun...

-
I want a 70 Roadrunner, and am willing to trade my GTX for one! This car looks like a good car, and purple is a very desireable color, but it is actually one of my least favorite colors! I would have to leave this car purple because of its provenance, and I'm not sure I would be able to live with having a purple car!

I grew up in the back seat of this car, and have wanted one ever since!! 440 6pak 4 speed, Dana convertible air grabber car! It had all of the best Ma could throw at it, and the 12:30 timeslips my brother still has show what these cars were capable of in stock trim! All my dad did was raise up the torsion bars in the front, gasser style, and let it rip!!

IMG_2804.JPG

Anything other than a big block in that 383 Roadrunner would be sacrilegious. Just throw an LS in if going with a small block that doesn't belong.

Other than the color, vinyl top, no motor and transmission and the price I like it.
It will never be a matching numbers car.
And no way I would put an auto in it, should I buy it, since it's a four speed car.
My question is who took the engine and transmission out of the car and for what earthly reason.

My question is who took the engine and transmission out of the car and for what earthly reason.
you didn't really have to ask, did you? Most likely, in 1981, the engine was tired and was separated from the car. then somebody threw something else in there for a few years, until somebody else decided to throw something healthy in there and take it to the Mopars, then found a better car they wanted to put there hopped motor in, so they pulled it and now you are offered the car minus motor/tranny.....
How's that?

you didn't really have to ask, did you? Most likely, in 1981, the engine was tired and was separated from the car. then somebody threw something else in there for a few years, until somebody else decided to throw something healthy in there and take it to the Mopars, then found a better car they wanted to put there hopped motor in, so they pulled it and now you are offered the car minus motor/tranny.....
How's that?
Extremely plausible!

How's that?

Yea, that's plausible.
My question is somewhat rhetorical but also sincere.
He knows it ran in the Mopar Nationals for 5 years.
There is a title.
The car is in such relatively good condition, I just find it odd the engine AND transmission are missing in action.
Hypothetically since 1981 where has this car been?
And who bought it with the engine AND transmission missing.
"Because inquiring minds want to know."
Now if the car needed major restoration and was obviously a neglected puppy, it would be different in my mind.

im guessing he had a much more gooder looking 71 duster with a lame 340 in it
he wanted the duster to be faster so he dropped in the 383 out of the road runner?

[/flamesuit on]

im guessing he had a much more gooder looking 71 duster with a lame 340 in it
he wanted the duster to be faster so he dropped in the 383 out of the road runner?

[/flamesuit on]

LMFAO:rofl::rofl::rofl:..ya ok!!!

-
Back