1970 shoulder belts?

-

Airfix

Reaction score
Just found reproduction seat belt sets on Ebay for 1970 Dart bench seat, picture is not very good but it looks like they have the black buckle on the shoulder strap.
I thought the chrome tip was on the shoulder strap and the buckle was down at the seat.
Can anybody confirm which is correct.
Thanks.

mine has the chrome tip on the shoulder strap (male end) and the buckle end on the seat (female end)

Just found reproduction seat belt sets on Ebay for 1970 Dart bench seat, picture is not very good but it looks like they have the black buckle on the shoulder strap.
I thought the chrome tip was on the shoulder strap and the buckle was down at the seat.
Can anybody confirm which is correct.
Thanks.

The 69 had the buckle on the shoulder strap. 70 and after had the "male" end on the shoulder belt.

Well they didn't send me the shoulder belts with the tip (male end) on them, sent me the earlier ones with the buckle (female end).
If somebody has the correct shoulder belts installed still I would appreciate it if you could measure the length from the mount bolt to the end of the chrome tip, just trying to see if I can get the end changed instead of sending the belts back , my rough guess is they should be about 40-42" sound right?
Thanks.

Well they didn't send me the shoulder belts with the tip (male end) on them, sent me the earlier ones with the buckle (female end).
If somebody has the correct shoulder belts installed still I would appreciate it if you could measure the length from the mount bolt to the end of the chrome tip, just trying to see if I can get the end changed instead of sending the belts back , my rough guess is they should be about 40-42" sound right?
Thanks.

From the center of the bolt hole to the tip 40 1/2". This is on a 70 Dart bench seat car.

-
Back