1970 swinger vent window question

-

Chevy rick

Reaction score
Does anyone know the years of interchange of the vent windows on a 70 swinger and would any parts from a 4dr sedan vent window
20181118_113838.jpg
20191020_121547.jpg
20181118_113838.jpg
20191020_121547.jpg
work on the hard top unit . thanks Mine have pitting on forward pillar and lower glass retainer .

For sure the ‘70-‘72 hardtop wing vent windows should interchange. I think that you may also be able to interchange some of the ‘67-‘69 hardtop wing vent frames, but I’m not 100% sure on that because there were differences in the window hardware for some of those years.

4 doors and post cars had a higher roof line than the 2 door hardtop cars, so that stuff won’t work.

No, vent windows 67-69 2 door, 4 door sedans and 2 door Hardtop all interchange. Handle may be different style but will interchange as well. Gaskets are the same also.

For sure the ‘70-‘72 hardtop wing vent windows should interchange. I think that you may also be able to interchange some of the ‘67-‘69 hardtop wing vent frames, but I’m not 100% sure on that because there were differences in the window hardware for some of those years.

4 doors and post cars had a higher roof line than the 2 door hardtop cars, so that stuff won’t work.
I wonder about the piece that swivels at bottom, that U channel lower piece that glass set in .

No, vent windows 67-69 2 door, 4 door sedans and 2 door Hardtop all interchange. Handle may be different style but will interchange as well. Gaskets are the same also.
So you say no go for 69 to interchange with 70 .

Only partially correct. The glass and weatherstripping? Sure. The frame/glass retainer? NOPE. So for the OP, you can't get the frame from anything other than a 2 door hardtop. The lower glass retainer will exchange with the 4 door and post cars.

I'm surprised about the glass itself, I was wrong about that. Kinda smart to make the top taller by the width of the upper door frame on the non-hardtop cars. But really, the wing vent frame should not at all be surprising. Hardtops have no upper door frame. The 4 door and post cars have upper door frames, the wing vent fits into those and not its own frame like on a hardtop.

Screen Shot 2021-01-10 at 4.11.16 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-10 at 4.11.27 PM.png

this is totally correct. since the OP stated window I assumed the frame was not in question but you are right sir.

as for the 70 windows I do not know, have not parted any 70 plus cars yet.

Only partially correct. The glass and weatherstripping? Sure. The frame/glass retainer? NOPE. So for the OP, you can't get the frame from anything other than a 2 door hardtop. The lower glass retainer will exchange with the 4 door and post cars.

I'm surprised about the glass itself, I was wrong about that. Kinda smart to make the top taller by the width of the upper door frame on the non-hardtop cars. But really, the wing vent frame should not at all be surprising. Hardtops have no upper door frame. The 4 door and post cars have upper door frames, the wing vent fits into those and not its own frame like on a hardtop.

View attachment 1715667740
View attachment 1715667741
Thats exactly what I needed , thank you my friend .

-
Back