1970 swinger wiper switch and speedo

-

mikeswinger

Reaction score
hi. guys and gals looking for information. have a 1970 swinger but unfortunalely the speedo mileage counter is not working. the needle move. removed speedo #2927719
when I turn where cable goes in no gears move. does anybody have a picture of a working
unit so I can figure out what is missing to make the mileage counter numbers move.
hard to find any information on this.
also wiper switch needs to be changed but when I removed dash no proper connector.
only 3 push on wire leads added to three wires. believe to be a 2 speed wiper motor.
does anybody know which switch number and how to wire without the proper clip

Not sure if you wanted the rallye cluster or not but here is the standard rectangular style info. Just happening to be repairing my cluster and had the speedometer out. I would test yours with a cordless drill driving the speedo cable input since they have to move a fair bit to show mileage changes.

The cable input drives a gear which drives a gear to the right and then another vertically to the odometer gears. You can take out the odometer and turn by hand to test. Just look closely at the black plates between the numbers and make sure they go back correctly. They act as stops holding the number wheels in the correct place.

My guess is you have a broken tooth on a gear and are in a dead spot. Here are some pictures to help.

Attachments

• 20150307_122909.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 95
  • 20150307_122927.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 104
  • 20150307_123000.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 98
  • 20150307_123220.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 83
-
Back