Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Moparz

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Contact seller
1970 to 1972 Duster / Valiant Grille - USED

This grille would be an easy repair compared to most that I have seen. The worst part of it is at the one end where the headlight bezel would meet the grille. There is a small recessed edge that would tuck under the edge of the headlight bezel that is broken off & missing.

The adjacent grille fins in the same area of the broken end are cracked, but all of them are there. The upper rear edge of the grille with all the mounting holes that rests on the metal grille support is in good shape. The lower edge that is above the valance between the grille & the bumper is also in good shape.

The upper moulding is missing & I don't have it, & the lower moulding is there but the end where the grille damage is, is bent downward & kinked. The two internal mouldings located right above & below the grille fins are in good shape & have a nice finish to them. The grille will also need to be cleaned & repainted.

Asking $100.00 plus shipping fees.

Photo Album Here:
http://s469.photobucket.com/albums/rr55/OldMoparz1/Duster Grille/

This will be packed safely at no charge in a sturdy cardboard box with actual packing materials, not newspaper & crossed fingers. Shipping might get expensive & likely to be over $35 by UPS Ground. I am in Newburgh, NY - 12550.

Postal money order & paypal are fine, or cash if paid for & picked up in person.

Thanks, Bob

Attachments

• Duster Valiant Grille 001 b.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 811
If you can, use the post office to ship it. I shipped a similar grille for $20 across a few states.

If you can, use the post office to ship it. I shipped a similar grille for $20 across a few states.

If someone close to me shows any interest in the grille I'd get a quote from USPS for them, but their web page for estimates shows that it's over $70 to the west coast for a 15 pound box that's 48"x12"x12".

Thanks, Bob

Do you have the headlight bezels too?

Never had headlight bezels with this grille but I may have a spare set & will look for them tonight, or tomorrow night the latest.

As for shipping, it looks like the Parcel Post option through the USPS is the least expensive. Depending on where it goes it may be around $20 or so.

Jim, sorry it took so long to reply, the strange cold to warm weather has caused some minor problems here with water in my basement.

I definitely have the grille & saved a sturdy box larger enough for it, so let me know if you're still interested.

Thanks.

Jim, sorry it took so long to reply, the strange cold to warm weather has caused some minor problems here with water in my basement.

I definitely have the grille & saved a sturdy box larger enough for it, so let me know if you're still interested.

Thanks.

Hello, do you still have the Grille? My son's 72 scamp needs one. We'd take it if you still have it.

Grille Condition Update:

Something I had missed on the grille regarding the condition when I recently took it back out of the box I kept it in to wrap & package it for a shipping quote. After comparing it to the grille in my Scamp, it turns out that more of that piece is missing than I originally had thought. This area would tuck under the headlight bezel & may not be visible, but I want anyone who is considering the grille to have an accurate description. The last thing I want to do is to mislead someone.

http://s469.beta.photobucket.com/use...tml?sort=3&o=4

There is no way I can sell this grille for the $100 I was asking, & not sure what it's worth at this point. It is still a decent grille to repair, or use to repair another grille. The extra packing materials, the oversize box & the shipping fees that may be as much as the grille value, makes this less cost effective. I would prefer it to be picked up & open to offers.

Thanks, Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back