[WANTED] 1971 318-340 water pump

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is the date code located and what one are you looking for...

I have a 71 small block I could look at.

Hope this helps

EB9B7D97-5659-42F0-9EED-56B1D95D5766.jpeg

AABCDE86-3CAA-42C9-8962-4822093F7A8F.jpeg

Everyone is out looking at their old water pumps. Is this Passenger side feed and return?

Hi there are you building something special? I have a complete 71 340 I think everything is original except a cam I changed in it I don't ever remembering changing the water pump. I could check if you don't find something else.

Yes. I can just have a new dated tag made as I have several distributors. Would entertain another 340. Using auto crank in my 340 unless I find 4 speed complete

Yes. I can just have a new dated tag made as I have several distributors. Would entertain another 340. Using auto crank in my 340 unless I find 4 speed complete
I'm sorry I looked at the 340 and I changed it to a 273 style as I put in in a 65 dart and used the original radiator. Long gone. 71 was totaled by a corvette while parked. Then the 65 was totaled by a Mercedes running a stop sign. Removed motor/trans and junked it with the a-body 8 3/4 and superstock springs. They weren't just that important back in the day. Also the intake and dist. are removed heaven only know why I took them off but they still have to be here just laying around somewhere.

Ain’t that the truth. After all they were just cars, nothing special. I sold many great cars for next to nothing back then. 66 D Dart, 61/72 Canadian Swinger 340s. 440-6 Super Bee’s. 70 Cuda 383. 71 340 Demon. The list goes on and on. The only cars I haven’t owned are a Challenger and a Road Runner. Kim

Ya you may find this totally unbelievable but I sold a factory Hemi Dart It was my street racer. As you said back then they were just cars. Someday if I ever find time I might make a list of cars I owned too it sounds like fun.

I tried making a list a few times but it just depressed me. Now I don’t think I can remember them all. When I look at old pictures it makes me happy and sad. Kim

I tried making a list a few times but it just depressed me. Now I don’t think I can remember them all. When I look at old pictures it makes me happy and sad. Kim
It's very unfortunate I didn't take pictures back then. Most of the photos I have were given to me by friends.

Hi there are you building something special? I have a complete 71 340 I think everything is original except a cam I changed in it I don't ever remembering changing the water pump. I could check if you don't find something else.
Whats the vin on your 71 340. My car was up you way for a little bit.

Whats the vin on your 71 340. My car was up you way for a little bit.
I'll have to check really buried. I probably still have a old reg. for the car. But I'll try to get it for you but it's from my old totaled car so the vin will be from that.

I'll have to check really buried. I probably still have a old reg. for the car. But I'll try to get it for you but it's from my old totaled car so the vin will be from that.
So you know the history of the car so its not mine. unless it was not the original engine. thanks

So you know the history of the car so its not mine. unless it was not the original engine. thanks
Yes I know the history from when I purchased it and it sat at my buddies body shop for about a year because he got it from an auction. I believe he got it in73 or 74 minor damage and I think I bought it from him in 75, maybe 74? It was 100% stock and no mechanical parts looked touched to me. But I didn't double check everything on it and never replaced anything I remember but I could have replaced the trans as I was hard on them but I really don't remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back