1971 340 LH23 vin ?

-
We need a photo of the pad with the numbers.

If it has a full VIN & it is not a first half of 1969 model year block, this will be very interesting to see.

Thanks for posting the link Kendred... you can find out everything about these rare little Canadian order '71 and '72 Swinger 340 Specials there!!!

As far as engines and engine stampings go, 1969GTS340, could you PM me the full # that's stamped on the block - would love a pic - to verify if it is one of these. The VIN's are sequential on these cars, all built on the same day so I'll know if the number slides into them. Also, the stampings were the last 8 digits/numerals and would look like this 1R267XXX - on the few existing original engines. But, never say never with Ma Mopar - these engines were '70 and early '71 castings, because they were late season builds.

With my website - www.swinger340specials.ca - I've also built a page that hi-lights the 340 engine thru the years - just an FYI :)-

I should be over to the shop this weekend and get some pics.

The block has been sold. The buyer was in my driveway when I got out of work today. He checked it over, verified the vin, loaded it and gone... i swear all in 10 minutes. I feel like I'm getting a touch of sellers guilt and should have dug more into what I had before letting it go. Anyway, it's been interesting and I learned that 71-72 Swinger 340 cars were actually built. Thanks for all the input!

Thanks for posting the link Kendred... you can find out everything about these rare little Canadian order '71 and '72 Swinger 340 Specials there!!! I just bought this car I think it’s the special can you help confirm

As far as engines and engine stampings go, 1969GTS340, could you PM me the full # that's stamped on the block - would love a pic - to verify if it is one of these. The VIN's are sequential on these cars, all built on the same day so I'll know if the number slides into them. Also, the stampings were the last 8 digits/numerals and would look like this 1R267XXX - on the few existing original engines. But, never say never with Ma Mopar - these engines were '70 and early '71 castings, because they were late season builds.

With my website - www.swinger340specials.ca - I've also built a page that hi-lights the 340 engine thru the years - just an FYI :)-

-
Back