1971 Dart Swinger STRIP

-

RonsSwinger

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hello Mopar Family. I am looking to add the rear trunk strip to my 71 Dart “Gypsy Queen”. I am leaning on my mopar family for information. I am looking for stripe widths and proper placement of the rear trunk / quaterpanel. Thanks in advance Ron D

3A75FF50-DAA3-4583-839A-EEAB8293D014.jpeg

Hello Mopar Family. I am looking to add the rear trunk strip to my 71 Dart “Gypsy Queen”. I am leaning on my mopar family for information. I am looking for stripe widths and proper placement of the rear trunk / quaterpanel. Thanks in advance Ron D

View attachment 1716074541
Looks like you're fully assembled, but the Body & Electrical Assembly Manual lays out stripe placement in pretty good detail. They're $40 from Faxon, but maybe someone on here has the one for 1970-1971 Dart Valiant and can send you the sheets. These are what mine look like for the 1967-1969 edition.
stripe (1).jpg

stripe (2).jpg

https://www.faxonautoliterature.com...rtExpression=OrderBy ASC, Sku ASC&PageSize=12

Looks like you're fully assembled, but the Body & Electrical Assembly Manual lays out stripe placement in pretty good detail. They're $40 from Faxon, but maybe someone on here has the one for 1970-1971 Dart Valiant and can send you the sheets. These are what mine look like for the 1967-1969 edition.
View attachment 1716074567

View attachment 1716074568

https://www.faxonautoliterature.com/1971-Dodge-Dart?page=2&SortExpression=OrderBy ASC, Sku ASC&PageSize=12
Thanks for the response. The 71 is different than the 69 with the Dart/Swinger written in the stripe (I like it better actually), but have to stay period correct with the straight stripe and no letters. Thanks for the starting point.

Buy a stripe kit then its self explanatory. Don't paint it on or it becomes permanent and looks cheap. Phoenix graphics

Buy a stripe kit then its self explanatory. Don't paint it on or it becomes permanent and looks cheap. Phoenix graphics
I did see the stripe advertised at Phoenix Graphics but I wasn’t sure if it was the factory replacement with the offset on the trunk. Buying the strip was my preferred option and I just needed confirmation where to locate one. Thanks for the valuable information. RonD

QQ- why does it look like that rear axle is too far forward in the photo? Maybe angle of camera?

you know you can buy a stripe kit for around $100... Whatever you do, don't forget to make the slight bend in the middle of the trunk.

QQ- why does it look like that rear axle is too far forward in the photo? Maybe angle of camera?
I thought when I looked at the picture too that something looked odd but thought it was just me.

The jury is out, and it seems the place to get the proper decal is from Phoenix Graphics. Decal was ordered today. The axle is right. The 255/60/15 fills the wheel well pushing the 440ci 460-500hp. The angle shot does make it look off. Good eye. I didn’t notice it myself. Cheers Ron D. This A Body site has been extremely valuable as a resource.

-
Back