1971 Demon 340: Monster Suspension Upgrades! – Hot Rod Garage Ep.28

-

justcuz

Reaction score
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ImjOIuiVK0"]1971 Demon 340: Monster Suspension Upgrades! – Hot Rod Garage Ep.28 - YouTube[/ame]

I wanna see the part where he routes the exhaust pipes through that 6 link...

And stock #'s matching Demon? Where's the Z-bar reinforcing bracket on the outside of the frame?

So THATS what that thing is on my 72!! Guess that's pretty good proof it was amigo ally a 3 pedal car?

Not necessarily. I have seen them on cars that came with auto's, the order may have been changed on the assembly line. Your fender tag or build sheet would tell you for sure. But I have definitely seen a z-bar bracket on an a factory auto car.

I suppose by the same token there may have been cars that left the factory without the reinforcing bracket, but I haven't seen one of those.

Usually the auto cars just came without the bracket. On my '71 GT, the hole was drilled and then had a rubber plug installed. On my '74 Duster, the hole wasn't even drilled, although there was a dimple on the inner fender to indicate its location.

4sptechindex_clip_image002_0002 copy.jpg

Last edited:
I have a plugged hole in the firewall and the reinforced hole in the fenderwell for a cluthc in my 76 Plymouth Scamp ,318, automatic. I also have a box area on the tranny hump for a shifter. Not many were that way OEM.

But seeing how it has a hacked 3/4 speed tunnel and clutch pedal in it would be a fair indicator I guess. Either way, I have no fender tag or build sheet to prove it was a B5, manual trans, twister as I believe it was.

-
Back