1971 Demon 4 Speed Clutch Pedal Question......

-

bradfields

Reaction score
Hi again, I am reassembling the 4 speed pedal setup for my 71 Demon and have run into a snag. When I took the pedal assembly out of the car, I found that it had had a very rough life, both pedals were extremely bent and misaligned, the the clutch pedal return spring and shaft were missing and the clutch pedal saftey switch had been cut or broken off and was gone.

I straightend, bead blasted and painted everything, machined a new pedal return spring pin, found a NOS clutch pedal safety switch and installed it then discovered that the "wire" that works the safety switch is broken off or something and won't reach the safety switch. Does anybody know if this part is available or does anybody have one they can send me a picture of along with some measurements so I can make one?? also, I can't for the life of me figure out where the rubber grommet that's attached to the switch wire goes, I'm sure it's gotta go somewhere to help keep the wire out of the clutch pedal's way, I just can't figure out where?? Any ideas??......Mike.

MVC-018S.JPG

MVC-019S.JPG

Looks like you may have your switch installed incorrectly, do you have a mount bracket for it, can't see in your pics.
I used a bent and cut wire coat hanger to replace the broken wire piece which moves the switch input.

DSCF5068.jpg

DSCF5070.jpg

Thanks for the info, yeah my pictures are pretty crappy. It came already made on a mounting bracket and I'm pretty sure I have it bolted on right. I thought about using a coat hanger to make the switch actuator out of but wasn't sure it would be strong enough, but if that's what your using and it's working for you, that's good enough for me
I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the info and the pictures.....Mike.

This may be obvious , but you can always try Brewers performance if needed. They have helped me with a few odd things for 4 speed related parts. I have also had good luck with them.
Matt

Thanks everybody, got it all figured out. Went to the Brewer's web site and found a picture of the switch & actuator "wire" and was able to make one up for my car. Thanks again for the help!!....Mike.

-
Back